TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Medical Marijuana

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ardeshir Posted - 04/25/2017 : 01:38:09
Hi All, I just want to ask if anyone ever tried using medical cannabis as an alternative meds? I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, glaucoma, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Like this article about fibromyalgia and marijuana from www . ilovegrowingmarijuana . com/fibromyalgia/. Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don't even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tennis tom Posted - 06/08/2017 : 14:43:45
quote:
Originally posted by Eany

I think marijuana has a lot of potential for treating anxiety...

The other side of the pot coin is, the worst anxiety I've ever experienced was several bad trips of "cozmic paranoia" caused by marijuana, which made me decide not to continue "the experiment" in my youthful days.

==================================================

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

“You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation” – Plato

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise" - Thomas Gray

"All my friends in Los Angeles are the sensitive type. They all have like all the diseases like Chronic Fatigue, Epstien Barr, Fibromyalgia. Like all the diseases where the only symptoms seem to be you had a really crappy childhood and at the prospect of full time work ya feel kinda achy and tired."

Posted by Skizzik @ TMSHelp from comedian Maria Bamford

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthuisam."
Sir Winston Churchill

======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

tennis tom Posted - 06/07/2017 : 08:11:35
And the other side of the pot coin is that a lot of serious crimes are committed by people with arrest records for being on it--see the news for "Orlando workplace murderer of five" shooting yesterday. It is the entry drug for all other illegal ones--no one starts on crack or heroin.
Eany Posted - 06/07/2017 : 04:50:43
I think marijuana has a lot of potential for treating anxiety and depression. I know it certainly reduces my anxiety while simutaniously making me more motivated to do things like shower, get out of bed in the morning, clean and whatever else. I'm on hgh for pos-surgery recovery as well (2-3 iu's of HGH Somatropin, https://hgh.md/somatotropin/ (don't know what brand, bought it from a friend who had removed all the labels) greatly accelerated the recovery). I think though even though marijuana is a fairly safe drug as far as health concerns its still not a good idea to over-do it.
summabody Posted - 05/06/2017 : 08:15:50
I used medical marijuana as one piece of my recovery with kind of a twist on meditation (I don't otherwise meditate, no patience for it). I used Indica strain to create a body high, and observed all the "non real" sensations that my brain and nervous system would produce. This actually helped solidify the notion that "pain is in the brain" and that what my senses are telling me is going on is not necessarily the true state of my body.

I also believe it helped me break some conditioning. When you're constantly feeling a sensation (say within an area of "TMS") and thinking about it, it creates very strong neural pathways to reinforce the sensation and your awareness of it. Any methods of interrupting that state and introducing no-pain or altered sensations helps break down that conditioning. Long-term I do find it really helps with the "tension" part of TMS. I find I don't stress out about things and thoughts, ideas and emotions float through me vs attaching to them, etc.

I was not a cannabis user until AFTER over a year of working through TMS recovery, which included working an online program (Unlearn Your Pain), reading forums, etc. I believe it had a very positive effect because of it's ability to calm the nervous system and actually "unlearn" pain.

Through the years of my TMS, many doctors wanted to put me on Lyrica or Gabapentin and other meds which I refused -- my biggest fear was "brain fog" that I read Gabapentin and antidepressants (for pain management) can cause. I didn't want to be "hooked." I definitely have side effects from cannabis to similar effect - I am a lot more forgetful, and it can be hard to sleep when I'm away and don't have a little puff before bed. But I don't have TMS, it hasn't "moved around" and Cheetos are amazing.
tennis tom Posted - 04/29/2017 : 18:24:26
quote:
Originally posted by pmm6691

Not really in the spirit of healing TMS bud. Just more cover up.

does that mean you're pro/con bud ??? explain ???

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

“You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation” – Plato

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise" - Thomas Gray

"All my friends in Los Angeles are the sensitive type. They all have like all the diseases like Chronic Fatigue, Epstien Barr, Fibromyalgia. Like all the diseases where the only symptoms seem to be you had a really crappy childhood and at the prospect of full time work ya feel kinda achy and tired."

Posted by Skizzik @ TMSHelp from comedian Maria Bamford

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthuisam."
Sir Winston Churchill

======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

pmm6691 Posted - 04/29/2017 : 16:41:25
Not really in the spirit of healing TMS bud. Just more cover up.
weatherman Posted - 04/27/2017 : 00:44:44
I don't have personal knowledge about medical pot as an alternative med - at least with regard to TMS if that is part of your question.

In my younger days I had a more colorful life and on reflection could sure see its benefit for chronic pain, cancer etc. But the pharmaceutical companies are fighting like hell to keep it illegal, they would rather sell people their $1,000/month meds to recover their development/patent costs. Not to mention the prison industry, drug cartels and others who make huge $$ from the current situation. But TT makes a fair point that advocates for its use may have some skin in the game as well.

Deep Throat of Watergate fame once said "Follow the Money!" That is why truly objective research on this issue seems hard to come by. I would trust the anecdotal experiences of people on this forum more than most "scientific" studies, since they are normally funded by people with an ax to grind who already know the answer they want (not saying that's true generally, just on this issue).

TT and I and others had a rousing debate about pot legalization on this board some years ago, I don't know if it's in the archives anywhere. It seems the original subject was something totally unrelated.

"Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement."
andy64tms Posted - 04/26/2017 : 13:39:46
Nope, never tried it!

I would have, had it been available in UK during Tom’s Summer of Love. At that time I was in love with “English bitter ale”, and concoctions such as “Poor Man’s Black Velvet”. I was 19 at the time, I am 69 tomorrow and wise enough to know that ciggys, alcohol, pharmaceuticals and most of the medical profession is bad for my health, since they are mind altering in some form or other.

If you have any of the disorders that you list in your post in my opinion, marijuana would at best be a temporary fix. When it gets final approval from the FDA, it might be considered the lesser of two evils with less side effects and addiction characteristics compared to the present pain and anxiety pharmaceuticals.

Do you have TMS issues or are you just scouting for medical opinions? I notice this is your first post with no reference to TMS.

Disclosure: When I had a burst appendix, I had some of those wonderful morphine shots, I was happy and high for a week afterwards and was fortunate not to get addicted. My friend, on the other hand found himself in hospital when he over dosed on Oxycodone, somehow he is still alive!
Regards

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years, is almost gone.
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
tennis tom Posted - 04/26/2017 : 08:48:14
During and around the Summer of Love, which is celebrated it's 50th anniversary on 4/20, I smoked it and sold it. If the source of your issue is TMS, then IMHO, any benefits would be placebo effect. I just had a friend who tried it and the went to a clinic for the "medicinal" liquid version, sadly he's no longer with us.

You'll find gobs of info on it, mostly positive, by those who stand to profit from it. I haven't tried it since I graduated to adult-hood--didn't like the cozmic paranoia it sometimes caused. I'll stick with my Pyramid Apricot Ale if I want a little buzz--I know what's in it and how it will effect me--a mind is a precious thing to fool around with. So my opinion is NAY on pot! And you can put that in your hookah and smoke it.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000