TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Perfect

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
andy64tms Posted - 09/20/2012 : 19:07:36

I come back to this forum from four months ago.

Recently I discovered that I am a Perfectionist, and it’s bad for me.

I rejoin the Wiki Education program at day 12.

Guess what day # 12 is about? – Perfectionism.

Perfectly perfect, It was meant to be…

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Taking a break from Wiki Edu. due to windsurfing priorities
Charlie horse on neck for 20 years. (to be evicted soon.)
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
andy64tms Posted - 09/20/2012 : 23:19:42
Hi Balto,

Until recently I hardly knew what the word Perfectionist meant. I made a discovery a few weeks ago while reading SteveO’s book. I made a post about it.

http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7685

Clearly my emotional reaction was trying to tell me something, and since then I have been pondering and reading up on this subject in great detail.

Most of my TMS anxiety, I believe is coming from within, it’s self generated, not from outside stressors or past family issues as I previously thought. As my wife once said “I am my own worst enemy.” After reading Steve’s book there are other traits that could also be affecting my disposition, but right now this one jumps right out at me.

Thank you for your words, they helped.

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Taking a break from Wiki Edu. due to windsurfing priorities
Charlie horse on neck for 20 years. (to be evicted soon.)
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
balto Posted - 09/20/2012 : 20:40:32
Just want to have a little friendly discussion here.

I think "perfectionist" and "goodist" are 2 of the most over used words when it come to "what caused tms". You don't really need to be those 2 to suffer from tms/anxiety. I have seen all kind of people, perfectionist and sloppy, goodist or mean people, beautiful or ugly, rich or poor,... They all can have tms/anxiety. Tms/anxiety don't discriminate, it strike anyone. Life is suffering. Stress, disasters, bad luck, accidents, wars, lost, failure.... Any thing that brought on negative emotions is capable of producing tms/anxiety.
In my experience, I've seen more loosers suffer from tms than perfectionist. I've seen more mean people have tms than goodist. Maybe for some reasons mean people and sloppy people just don't go to doctor Sarno for treatment. Or maybe if you asked, 99% of the people in this world will tell you they are perfectionist and goodists. :)

The thing that I found are more in common with tms/anxiety sufferers are: they dwell on the past and they think too far into the future. They couldn't let go of bad memories and they worry too much about what is going to happen. They couldn't forgive and forget the wrong in their past. They don't feel prepare or secure about the future.

------------------------
No, I don't know everything. I'm just here to share my experience.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000