TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 new pain question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lilykins Posted - 05/08/2006 : 18:21:31
Hi, everyone. I have been doing great with my sciatic pain but recently have begun having pain in the middle of my upper back and below my right shoulder blade, also the tops of my shoulders. Feels like muscle pain from sleeping on it wrong but I'm not sleeping any differently. This is most likely TMS and I'm treating it as such. Just wanted to hear what others thought about the new symptom. I've had lower back and sciatic pain for years but NEVER upper back. My previous experiences have felt more like nerve pain but this feels muscular. Makes it hard to tilt my head downward and even a deep breath hurts some. I'm ignoring it as best I can. Thanks for your thoughts.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lilykins Posted - 05/09/2006 : 20:15:00
Thank-you to everyone for your replies. Juno, yes, I am much more active since working on the TMS. I've started jogging for the first time in my life. I'm also mountain-biking. I am convinced now this new upper back pain is the TMS and I'm really excited because it means I'm winning! Thanks to all for your support; it really helps to know that others are going through this since I don't personally know anyone fighting TMS the right way.
marytabby Posted - 05/09/2006 : 15:16:14
All my pain is upper back and neck and has been for a long time. I did well ridding the low back and sciatica and buttucks but man, I still get that old familiar upper back, neck, trapezius and scapula pain when I am tense. Example is I now have crack addicts living in my condo building and I get that pain more now. It's emotionally induced and I know it but still I struggle. Read the books and dispute the physical crap you hear. It's TMS
armchairlinguist Posted - 05/09/2006 : 10:58:45
I've also had pain that moved to that area, in my case from my arms. It sounds like there's no reason for it to be there, so I think you're right that it's TMS, and it means you're on the right track for it to be moving around like that. (I've had the pain move to my neck, low back, mid back, left shoulder, knees, and feet, and been pretty successful ignoring them all.)
Juno Posted - 05/09/2006 : 07:56:54
Hi- I would agree that it's probably related. I have the same thing...have you become more active since your sciatica has improved? I think the kinks just have to work their way out, if you keep active it should speed the process. Just my opinion, but that's what seems to be happening to me, so it might be applicable.
Plantweed Posted - 05/09/2006 : 07:14:04
My only TMS symptoms were constant lower back and stiffness, until I read Healing Back Pain, now sometimes the symptoms will spread to my middle back... makes no sense if DDD and herniated discs in the lumbar area were to blame, huh? We've got it on the run, it's desperately looking for new places to seat its throne... Keep chasing it!
Jim1999 Posted - 05/08/2006 : 22:44:42
lilykins,

When my TMS was bad, my worst area of pain and stiffness was between my shoulder blades. I'm not sure if this is what you mean by upper back, but it's at least close to what you are having. I've been recovered from TMS for nearly seven years. I hope this provides a little encouragement.

Jim

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000