TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 reemergence of back pain with new job

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MHI Posted - 01/06/2009 : 11:24:08
Perhaps someone has experienced this. After finally understanding TMS and knowing it is the reason for my back issues as I have successfully defeated it, I have only experienced again on two occasions. On both occasions, I took on a new job and within a couple of weeks of starting, all my back pain came back. I am not sure why as my most recent job move is a good one where I am actually using my education properly. The last time I tried a new job (on a interim basis), I developed severe back pain and then went back to my old job where after a few weeks, my back pain went away. I thought that by taking on a new job that I was really happy to do, I would not experience these problems again but I am. It is not as bad as last time but my symptoms are hanging on. I refuse to let it stop me from running or working out but I just cant shake the symtoms. It has been about 8 weeks of back and hip pain. The pain moves around sometimes from side to side and from my back into my hip. Any thoughts.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MHI Posted - 01/14/2009 : 17:03:37
Thanks for the input folks. I think that where I work (with inmates) the change of job and more confrontational inmates has created a huge amount of anxiety (tingling in my back) and unconscious fears. Right now my anxiety levels are so high (flight or fight) I don't think I had chance dealing with the change (whether it is perceived as good or bad). I think that the change in jobs itself was enough to bring back the pain. Last time this happened, I went back to old job, started taking effexor (37.5 mgs) and after about 6-8 weeks, I felt better and better. I really don't want to go back on the medication because it is just masking the issue. I have made a conscious decision to go back to my old job (it is also a good job) because I feel more in control and it is more suited for my unconscious fears right now. The only problem is that I have to wait until April 1 to go back. I have a golf trip planned for end of January but I am going to go without any fear of pain. I don't think it is quitting on the new job. I just see it as "not the right time" to make a change of this nature. I want to thank everyone for their encouraging remarks and support. I didn't know what to expect. It has given me confidence that everything will be alright if I just keep applying the principles of the program. Just so you know, I watched a hockey game last night about a player from Nashville Predators who missed 2 years of NHL hockey because of back pain. He indicated that despite 2 operations, it was the psychological therapy that has hoped the most. I am not sure if he is aware of TMS but I would put all my money on this diagnosis. Thanks again and god bless.
HilaryN Posted - 01/13/2009 : 11:20:03
I always find starting a new job rather stressful, even if it's a "good" job. You're with strangers who don't know you, and you're under pressure to make a good impression on them, because first impressions count for a lot, and are very hard to remove, once made.

Hilary N
Redsandro Posted - 01/13/2009 : 10:44:20
Sorry I have nothing to add, I just occasionally read discussions that might help my continuing mission to stay complaint free, and I also have minor relapses sometimes where this makes good sense:

quote:
Originally posted by Jasper175

Sarno tells that the events of life trigger the sub-conscious mind. We will never know it. And because job changing is not often enough for the sub-conscious to learn that "New" is "Good" - it resulted in a rage of fear.

Do you remember where you read this? Then I can reread the chapter. I have (read) "The Divided Mind" and "The Mindbody Prescription".

Jasper175 Posted - 01/06/2009 : 14:12:17
I agree with Marsha. Sarno tells that the events of life trigger the sub-conscious mind. We will never know it. And because job changing is not often enough for the sub-conscious to learn that "New" is "Good" - it resulted in a rage of fear.

I think in this case you had no hope of control over TMS. However the pain will leave and never come back. Until next job LOL - unless your brain has learned it is safe.

You'll be fine

Rob (Jasper175)
marsha Posted - 01/06/2009 : 12:54:23
Change good and bad can cause a relapse. Work the program. Focus on you brain not the pain.
You will be fine.
Marsha

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000