TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Hi Friends, tooth TMS

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Singer_Artist Posted - 01/04/2021 : 11:08:32
Happy New Year everyone. It's been a long while since I have been here so not sure who still remains from the old days. I am dealing with what I think might be toothache TMS.

Just went to the dentist a month ago, had X rays, no problems..so it's not decay or an infection. I don't bite down on my front teeth due to an accident wherein they were injured years ago and a dentist telling me my roots are short and close to the nerve. They don't hurt as long as i leave them alone.

Holidays were very tough this year, as i know was the case for many of us. If i get into details this will become a novel, reminiscent of years ago. Bottom line, I was alone, very stressed and they were awful for many reasons.

I may have bitten down on the tooth but at the time didn't consciously think about it. Could my subconscious mind have registered 'oh no, you used those teeth!!' and started the whole TMS process moving from sciatica (which i have been dealing with) to the tooth ? Anyone else have this happen ?

On a physical level I suppose i could have bruised the tooth or it could all be TMS..Don't recall the exact timeline..but i recently found out a cousin died and was very upset about that..I believe the pain started after hearing this news. It's a cousin i just found 2 yrs ago after doing ancestry dna and discovering my dad who raised me wasn't even my dad ! The shock of a lifetime. Still processing finding out i am not 100% Czech but half Czech and half Irish ! That alone could surely bring on TMS..Thoughts ? Or..if u are so inclined prayers and//or healing energy would be very appreciated !

God bless,
Karen
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lightwriter Posted - 06/24/2021 : 13:42:21
Hi Karen,

I agree you have all the makings of TMS pain. I recently went through this with 2 teeth for the past half year. I had one tooth that was behaving strangely and was moving around. My dentist was having to adjust my bite all the time. He told me he thought my tooth was dying but wasn't 100% sure. Not wanting to risk removing a good tooth I lived with it. The odd thing is it didn't hurt at all and that's why the dentist and I decided to wait it out. Finally the dentist sent me to a endodontist for CAT scan films to get a better look. Even to him the films were not conclusive. So I had a root canal, and after that I got an abscess which confirmed the tooth was dead. No pain during the entire time even with abscess! But boy I suspected TMS because nothing made sense. On my other tooth I bit into a nut and it caused pain in the tooth. Nothing at all showed up on regular X rays. Once again when I was sent for CAT scans of the area, we found that the tooth root was totally crushed. So that tooth also had to be pulled. My point is, before you turn your mind over to TMS, if you haven't had CAT scans of the painful area, it might be a good idea to have them done. My lesson was how unreliable regular dental x-rays can be and something very wrong can be hidden from view. Best of luck!

Susan
DrGUID Posted - 06/11/2021 : 01:56:33
My TMS originally started with my teeth. When I was at uni I kind of used them as an excuse to get out of stuff I didn't want to do.

I still have tooth related TMS issues from time to time. Of course the dentist has a good look and can't find anything obviously wrong with them.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000