TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Please help - endless road

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Steffi71 Posted - 02/25/2018 : 14:19:11
Hi Dr. Schubiner,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reading the new book Hidden from View and have a question about nerve root compression. My symptoms have always been in my left leg and left side lower back, where I had mild facet hypertrophy show up on an MRI in 2011 on the L5/S1, and the pain pattern follows that nerve root. Dr. Schecter said it was nothing, but I have had consistent pain, weakness, and nerve symptoms in that leg for many years. I have done extensive TMS and recovery related work, but I continue to have symptoms and pain. It’s not debilitating in the sense that I can move around - but the pain and symptoms are very consistent. My left leg knee now clicks, there is weakness, and there are symptoms that signify nerve problems. The left side of my low back often hurts, as does the hip and groin.
Your book mentions that nerve root compression can happen in a structural way and that the pain patterns are fairly consistent. I have seen countless doctors and done tons of therapy, TMS work, exercise, and the symptoms remain fairly constant. They have never transferred to the right leg. I have had them for 15 years. At this point I fear the symptoms are permanent and that there is nerve damage. I have had non-conclusive EMG testing, but I’m not sure if that matters. There is always tingling and electrical sensations when my outer ankle lower calf area is touched/grazed/pressed, and the leg often feels weak and limited in mobility compared to the right and thus to me seems structural.
I feel that both the mainstream medical profession and TMS doctors have let me down. I don’t know where to go from here. Can you please offer me some insight? I don’t want to give up. Thank you very much - I know you are a very busy doctor.

Stephanie

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000