TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Disaster and Apocalypse Symptoms

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Wavy Soul Posted - 10/22/2017 : 22:12:27
Hi friends,

I live in Northern California a bit South of where the recent fires were happening. But we had such bad smoke that I felt I had to get out of the Bay Area for a few days as my lungs were hurting. And there were times when I was wondering if I needed to pack a suitcase and have it ready to leave — many people had to suddenly run for their lives. Many people I know were panicking and repeating terrible stories — and that’s just by email. I don’t do Facebook.

And I have a friend whose house was burned down.

On top of a lot of other stuff I’m going through, it seemed to really exacerbate some symptoms that I have only had in a small way — hand pain. It got to the point where I realized that I thought I was scared about my symptoms, which were therefore multiplying to distract me further, to a ridiculous extent that could scarcely be an organic illness. Then I realized that in addition to whatever anxiety I often have (ageing, living alone, etc.) I now had some extra fear. And while a lot of my friends just seem to enjoy awfulizing about what is going on in the world, I hate doing that, but my body seems to do its own version

I’m sure the general collective anxiety and the number of people whose lives and security have been threatened has increased TMS. On the TMS Wiki there is a free TMS course by Allan Gordon in which he is talking a lot about patterns of fear. I found it very helpful.

Love is the answer, whatever the question

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000