TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Sitting at a desk all day

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Waterbear Posted - 10/31/2013 : 09:18:33
I ordered a few of the books that were recommended to me, but they won't get to me for about 8 days.
I'm hoping for some advice in the meantime. I've been telling myself. "You're going to get better. You're brain is preventing oxygen from getting to your knees. You'll run again one day."
So far, I think it is helping when I'm not at work. I say my little pep talk and drive home and feel pretty good at night. I even walk up the stairs fine.
At work though, I sit at a desk all day, and sometimes my knees get pretty painful.

I think it's b/c I'm doing "easy work". If I'm animating a complex movie or drawing a really cool logo, my mind stays on the job and I forget about pain. I'm just doing a few simple brochures now, and I think my mind finds "extra time" to remind me that I should probably be feeling pain.

Any tips on how to avoid that?

Thanks!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Waterbear Posted - 10/31/2013 : 16:49:29
That's a good idea. I'll try to walk away a bit

I ordered:

To Be or Not To Be... Pain-Free: The Mindbody Syndrome
The Mindbody Prescription: Healing the Body, Healing the Pain
The Divided Mind: The Epidemic of Mindbody Disorders

I was thinking of trying to read them in that order, since someone mentioned the 1st one as being a quick read.
andy64tms Posted - 10/31/2013 : 16:45:02
Hi Tom, Watery Bear,

Tom and I both agree on the search feature. Here is what I wrote on another thread earlier today:

You are probably familiar with public forums, this one is a snitz, (love that word, just had to get it in!), it is easy to use and learn. May I be the first to point out the “Search” feature that can save you a lot of time, if you have a question or do not get a responsive answer you can go there. I encourage you to experiment with the entire search features they are really good. For example Dr. Alexander from down under has written much about prescription drugs and chronic pain. “Alexander”, “Drugs” and “Chronic Pain” will appear in yellow as you quickly scan hundreds on posts. Many of your immediate concerns and questions have been addressed since the forum was founded.

WB You might be able to squeeze in a few searches at work or at least jot down search words on a post it for later.

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years, is almost gone.
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
andy64tms Posted - 10/31/2013 : 16:21:18
Hi Waterbear,

Whether or not I was doing hard or easy work I used to get up every twenty minutes or so from my desk! There is always some reason for doing this – going to the supply cupboard, drink of water or the printer. If you do this subtly no one will ever notice and you won’t get whipped.

I’m now retired and continue this habit in everything I do. It’s called “slowing down”. A good time to take those deep breaths and even those self pep talks, a good tonic for body and mind.

It’s my opinion that those self pep talks are more important than anything else you do, whether Intensive animation, brochures or cool logos that are fun.

What books did you order? perhaps put them by your sig.

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years, is almost gone.
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
tennis tom Posted - 10/31/2013 : 11:06:42
While you're waiting for the books to arrive, read TMS books for free over the internet. Gaining and accurately understanding the "TMS KNOWLEDGE PENICILLIN", will provide you the most benefit at this point. You can possibly even get Nichole Sachs's TMS book "THE TRUTH" for free at her web site. "SEARCH" here above for her posts or go to her site for info on that. You may also be able to read pages from SteveO's book and other TMS books at Amazon. A few pages from a TMS book can go a long way, you could read a couple of pages at work during your breaks.

G'luck,
tt

==================================================

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox
======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000