TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Interesting chronic headache information

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
abundance72 Posted - 10/25/2013 : 19:09:40
Here's an interesting article about headache pain an understanding how chronic pain starts and how to deal with it - I get many headaches so I found this very helpful.

http://www.severe-headache-expert.com/chronic-headache.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Every Cell in my body vibrates with energy and health
Loving myself heals my life. I nourish my mind, body and soul
My body heals quickly and easily
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
andy64tms Posted - 10/30/2013 : 22:15:11
Hi Abundance72,

Yes, I believe anxiety is a pain equivalent TMS, since it captivates your attention for distraction purposes. It’s taken me a long time to get to this point, since for years I was in denial.

Another way to view it is anxiety is a chemical blip or message in your head so is pain.

Don't let the shame of visiting chiros bother you, we all relate. It takes courage to come to this forum and courage to stay.

Good vibes and wishes for your mother.

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years, is almost gone.
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
andy64tms Posted - 10/30/2013 : 22:01:41
Hi Mala,

Great, sounds like things are turning out better than expected.
Yes, when I get the whopper of a neck ache like you describe I sometimes take two Tylenol PM. I have some rules and self guidelines, as I like to understand why I am indulging.

To get to this point I will list a typical thought time line:

• I have already tried thinking about what could be bothering me,
• Sometimes I can’t think of any negative specifics.
• So it then I assume it’s my present personality – rushing around, revved up that Ace speaks about all the time.
• Sometimes I have added real pain from yard work
• I have good reason to take something
• But, I am uncertain.
• Why?
• Because I haven’t tried my diversion trick or being true to psychological thinking.
• I try diversion-soothing-psychological trick
• My head is still really thumping, it’s a humdinger.
• I take then Tylenol PM knowing that it is going to work without any concerns. I expect my head ache to be gone the next morning, and it always has.

Actually my neck pain is about the same as a year ago. I have no control over it - only control of how I think about it since it is TMS.

Enjoy your wedding it is going to be wonderful.

Andy
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
mala Posted - 10/30/2013 : 19:42:53
Hi Andy, thx for replying so quickly.

quote:
I think the key is what were you doing during the ten days? So you got to a level of peace that was comfortable for you. It seems like you then for saw your wedding fears to the reality of your brain (even for that split second).

Ok here's what I was doing. I went on a 2 week diet to lose some weight before the wedding. I have put on a little weight & wanted to fit into some clothes that I had. The diet was eating very little & all the food was prepared at home. I admit I did feel good physically. I was doing affirmations & thinking positively.

quote:
During the ten days of peace did you think of your trip? Probably not, so as the time draws near to the important wedding the split second thought event happens. The gate opens and a flood of other fears come rushing through all at once. i.e.; your mother’s health and pain ensues

I was actually thinking about the wedding & talking about it a lot. In fact my mother's decision to not go has helped in that I won't have to worry about her.

Physically I was doing a lot too. I was practising my bollywood dancing everyday.

quote:
Remember that even a mere thought can cause the anxiety-tension- pain cycle. Why did you tell yourself you wouldn’t be cured over night - naughty girl, and why did you prepare for a relapse, did you not prepared for failure? Don’t do it again.

Well I have learned from this forum that TMS is not an overnight fix so I was mentally preparing myself for the fact that things might get worse or come back sinec the mind is very good at resisting.. I didn't see this as failure but rather telling myself not to worry should things get bad.

I didn't actually take any Panadol. I was thinking maybe I should.

Andy did u take anything? Also may I ask how your neck is now say compared to last year? Is it better or have u learned to control it better?

I completely get the fuzzing the cat. I do it all the time with our dog Jaspa. I put my face agsindst her neck & hear her purrr with contentment.

Thanks again

Mala

"It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know
what sort of disease a person has." ~ Hippocrates (460-377 B.C.)

Mala Singh Barber on Facebook
abundance72 Posted - 10/30/2013 : 04:25:44
Hey Andy that was an excellent post! I got a lot out of that step by step description. Very helpful. Btw I've had these headpains and other symptoms for years and have been to numerous doctors. I've had MRI's, CT scan, blood tests, X-rays etc. All comes back negative.

I'm ashamed to say that I've been treated by chiropractors for 20 years. I have tried numerous forms of treating myself such as massage, shiatsu, homeopathy, naturopath, Physio, reiki, etc all with NO relief - what a waste of money! So I'm left to believe this is TMS.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
andy64tms Posted - 10/30/2013 : 00:29:57
Hi Mala,

I wanted you to have this in the morning HK, it’s a quick write and not meant to be presumptuous, but may seem so.

I think the key is what were you doing during the ten days? So you got to a level of peace that was comfortable for you. It seems like you then for saw your wedding fears to the reality of your brain (even for that split second).

During the ten days of peace did you think of your trip? Probably not, so as the time draws near to the important wedding the split second thought event happens. The gate opens and a flood of other fears come rushing through all at once. i.e.; your mother’s health and pain ensues.

The same for the Panadol, you have read so much about the “rebound headaches” you are predicting and attracting them to you.

Remember that even a mere thought can cause the anxiety-tension- pain cycle. Why did you tell yourself you wouldn’t be cured over night - naughty girl, and why did you prepare for a relapse, did you not prepared for failure? Don’t do it again.

Not all is lost, this is what I do:

Guided Imagery: You imagine the wedding pain free over and over – prepare for success. Runners imagine themselves winning not loosing.

Affirmations: Your preference in your head, written, sung to music whatever. Drum it in, like Bart Simpson doing a100 lines.

Diversion: a physical ping to your body like lifting weights to change the subject followed by soothing. I posted about this the other week. I did this two nights ago, here’s how it went:

3 sets of 10 lb weights above my head my arms muscles stung and got nice and warm- subject changed

5 minutes of curly forward yoga stretches with deep breathing- soothing

2 minutes of fuzzing the cat- soothing
Went to bed slept and slept very well

I would not take Panadol again unless you write out 100 times:
Panadol will not give me a rebound headache”.
"Panadol will give me a wonderful recovery without worry."
Correction! Affirmations should be positive."Not"and "Rebound Headache" are negative.

All this sounds somewhat silly, but so is TMS. They have all worked for me- my favorite is diversion-soothing.

By the way all these methods are patented.

Andy
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
mala Posted - 10/29/2013 : 20:19:50
I had been doing well for about 10 days & then wham yesterday I got a whopper headache again. I can't describe the depressing feeling like oh no, not again but then what was I expecting? I had told myself that I wouldn't be cured overnight and I had prepared myself for a relapse or at least I thought I did. But it was so overwhelmingly frustrating to have made some progress & then feel that familiar fear again.

Andy how often did get headaches & what did u do. I think I should take a couple of Panadol but I have read so much about rebound headaches that occur if u take too much medication that I am reluctant to start.

I have a trip planned to India on the 9th Nov one that I have been really looking forward to. It's a wedding but I am worried now. I don't want to be struggling with pain. My mom was to accompany me but she hasn't been feeling too strong so I have rescheduled for her. I am staying in a hotel even though I have relatives as I am going to meet up with some old friends & I don't want to be a burden on them.

Thanks

Mala

"It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know
what sort of disease a person has." ~ Hippocrates (460-377 B.C.)

Mala Singh Barber on Facebook
andy64tms Posted - 10/29/2013 : 19:08:18
Hi abundance72,

I could write a book on headaches, neck aches, but I always come back to the same conclusion: headaches or neck aches = stress. The difficulty is YOU have to be sure they are not serious, as in: your head is a very important part of your body. This applies to any pain anywhere any time. Once you are past the doctors, the surgeries, the medicines that may or may not be necessary you are ready to absorb and believe that “The pain is real, but the cause psychological” per Dr.Sarno. So get checked out to the point of convincement.

I have found my anxiety (which is low compared to some), to be equivalent to my neck pain (which is also low compared to some). They sometimes unite, but almost always end up being for TMS psychological reasons.

Now to keep it simple I’ve nicknamed my psychological reasons “my three Pees” as I have difficulty remembering how to spell “psychological”.

http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7787&SearchTerms=my,three,pees

I once wrote a silly list of ways TMS could possibly manifest. It was just for fun, but many a true word is spoken…

http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7290&SearchTerms=silly

Have fun with TMS, it could be considered a joke.
Gosh: “Convincement” is a real word it went through spell check!

Andy
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
abundance72 Posted - 10/29/2013 : 18:07:15
Hi Andy

I also think my headaches are coming from my neck as well. Apparently I have a forward neck posture (military neck) which causes headaches and back pain. I've always had this neck problem. I get tenderness in my base of my skull and then a fullness in my head which feels like a pressure. At times it feels like my head is swaying or off balance other times it feels like just a bad headache. I have so many symptoms - I know I shouldn't google but in the past when I have it always comes up as anxiety.

And ultimately anxiety is meant to be tms isn't it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
andy64tms Posted - 10/29/2013 : 17:47:41
Hi abundance72,

I found your link very helpful, I get headaches as well. Admittedly they are of a different kind; neck headaches caused by stress, so I relate.

Forgive me Peregrinus and not wanting to start a discussion, aren’t some “serious herbal medicines” like pot for example considered snake oil by some?

Actually I wanted to just bump you up to the top, as I've been hogging lately.

I wish you well abundance72, you are in good hands here.

Andy
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
abundance72 Posted - 10/29/2013 : 16:33:01
Peregrinus

Thanks for that. I did get myself checked out when the symptoms began. I had an ECG and also did the stress test and apparently all was fine? I also had an MRI on my upper thoracic spine and that was all good too? Stress does amazing things to our bodies that's for sure!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peregrinus Posted - 10/28/2013 : 16:18:50
Abudanza:
It sounds like you have good reasons for experiencing psychological stress which may explain some or all of your symptoms. However, I’d make sure that the chest pains are not something else. A friend of mine complained of intermittent chest pains and was placed in the hospital for tests where they found nothing. When his doctor told him that he was being discharged with a clean bill of health the pain came on and the doctor able to diagnose an artery blockage. A stent was emplaced and the chest pains disappeared.
My understanding is that short of doing a catheterization, the only foolproof diagnostic technique is a heart scan (where you are injected with a radioactive agent that concentrates on your heart muscle).
As for your TMS, try using affirmations in situations where you are experiencing stress preferably before the pain arrives.
All the best.
abundance72 Posted - 10/27/2013 : 16:54:27
Hi peregrinus

I didn't see the snake oil link? Lol... Still interesting information to my ears though...

Occasionally I still get the chest tightness/pain. It went away for quite some time but then came back recently. I believe it's coming straight through from my back thoracic pain. There's times it aches so bad it's just unbearable.. I continue with my pains (headaches, head pressure, upper back pain, chest pain. There's times the pain is bearable and I call these good days. I've lived with them so long I can't imagine how they will leave me?

I have been busy lately with my mother who is going through chemo for breast cancer, so I haven't spent much time on this site. I haven't put much time into affirmations or meditation or anything to work towards healing. Although when I did previously I still wasn't really getting far.

It's a huge lifestyle change to adjust my brain to think the tms way constantly and I'm struggling to get my head there 100% of the time. I truly admire the people who have healed themselves this way and hope that can be me one day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peregrinus Posted - 10/26/2013 : 17:19:28
Abudanza:
The site you referenced does in my opinion provide good advice about chronic headache. However, it also contains a link to a migraine snake oil site. I wonder if the message about chronic headache is just a set up? For example, regular headaches are caused by stress but serious (migraine)headaches require serious herbal medicine.
How are you doing with your chest pains?

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000