TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 I actually broke my foot...but...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ssjs Posted - 04/06/2005 : 20:06:26
I was walking around on an icy day and slipped on a patch of ice. The pain was super intense, but I had to go to a show so I made my way there and did what I had to do...something I had learned by dealing with tms.

I didn't go to a doctor because I knew he would tell me to stay off of it and I couldn't take any time off my job....but the pain was intense.

I was tuff though! After a few days I started walking on it (two miles) and of course standing all day at my job.

Totally nuts!

Anyway, after two weeks, i went to the doctor and lo and behold...IT WAS BROKEN! My metatarsil was split in two!

Anyway it was too late to set it, and he wrapped it with something that was so tight, I took it off (after he said it would be ok, but not nessessarily a good move)

And now, in a few days I will get a new x-ray...but of course it still hurts a little and is still a bit swollen, and I walk my two miles every day. It has been two months.

but here are my questions.

Just when I said to my husband that it didn't seem to hurt much at all, it suddenly got really bad for a few days. Then it was fine. I've been dealing with a family problem, and I do not get backpain anymore and I wonder if the very real injury has become a hiding place for tms...since obviosly I do have a structural problem even if it is one that will heal soon. It seems that my mind could really try to fool me with that one!

I want to be careful with my foot, but i want to know what is real and what is tms...but there may be no way to tell.

And since there are these polls going on, I was wondering if any of you are stoics out there. I have got to be in real trouble before I see a doctor.

Anyway, that's it. Thanks for listening...any ideas?
Sandy
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
miehnesor Posted - 04/07/2005 : 17:54:32
I can relate to TMS attacking an actual injury site. I experienced this years ago with achilles tenden problems which vexed me for years. These problems were aggravated by extreme tightness in muscles of the legs.

It's really true that the mind will search out injuries to start its TMS mischief.
Baseball65 Posted - 04/06/2005 : 21:32:33
Hi ssjs

I just went through a "mystery" neck pain that I treated as TMS,journaled,wrote,screamed,ignored.....and it was an abcess in my jaw(draining down the throat)

Once you've learned the "trick" so to speak,there are a lot of things you can block out.

Louise Hay goes into a lot of this in her book "You can heal your life"....she's like Sarno,but with no medical model.I've used her book for about 5 months now,and I,a previously chronically sick ex-pneumoniatic ,heavy smoker,didn't get sick ONCE all winter!!

I know,I know the cigarettes stink,but it has literally been eerie how effective her method is.

The mind is very,very powerful and I don't think we will ever be able to fathom the depths of it's healing power,or,how it really works..

Congrats on your foot!

peace

Baseball65

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000