TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 want to get pregnant

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sara Posted - 04/03/2005 : 15:12:18
Hey all,

I haven't posted in awhile. I was diagnosed with TMS in February. On a day to day basis I haven't improved, BUT my best friend from college took me on a ski trip to Utah early March and I had very little pain. Although the first day I got there I had a terrible stomachache. I chalked it up to the stress of planning for the trip and leaving my family behind. In retrospect a trip away from the kids and hubby was exactly what I needed. Anyway it felt great to be skiing and going out at night with very little pain.

Now that I know what is wrong with me, my husband and I really want to try to have a third child. I really do not want to wait too long as I just turned 36. Should I wait for more marked improvment or just go for it. Who knows how long it could take to conceive. We had terrible difficulties conceiving our second child. I am anxious about getting started, but at the same time feel nervous about TMS and pregnancy. I know I will beat TMS, I just don't know when.

For those of you who don't know, or don't remember my TMS manifestations are in my lower back and my pubic bone (which began after the birth of my second). Any thoughts??
Ideally we would like to start trying in a few months.

Sara
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dave Posted - 04/04/2005 : 09:48:27
Not to comment specifically on your decision, but in general, if you avoid doing anything in life because of your physical symptoms, then you are doing yourself a disservice. The goal must be to do all the things you would normally do despite the pain, and not to fear that the pain will prevent you from doing it.
menvert Posted - 04/04/2005 : 07:04:35
hi sara,
you do have to decide for yourself :)
but you will , and i have gotten to the point where you really NEED more stimulation of your TMS symptoms to progress furthur...

so i went back to part time work despite not exactly knowing if i am upto it.
but now it means i actually have far more opportunities where i get TMS & more importantly where I rapidly dissolve the TMS manifestation. i am even in a rather social role (which is a MAJOR source of my 'issues' & rage)

if i had just stayed in my relative safety (ie just at home all day) i would have very FEW oportunities to practice my anti-TMS thinking in REAL situations :)

you can really only push through the fear & conditioning by going into the situations you used to aviod/feel u have to avoid...

a baby is a big step though.... did you have tms with the last baby? (if so i'd say yes do it )

the monkeys time on our backs is up!!

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000