TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Is CPPS also TMS

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
scorsese Posted - 07/19/2013 : 16:45:39
I have been diagnosed with chronic pelvic pain syndrome (nonbacterial prostatitis caused by tight muscles in the pelvic floor) , mainly groin pain and adductor tightness on my right side accompanied by frequent urination.I also had back pain caused by trauma to my pelvis and spine many years ago.My back pain has subsided but i still get spasms and stiffness in my back.My main problem now is the CPPS, im wondering if this may be TMS.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tennis tom Posted - 07/24/2013 : 07:54:18
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus

+ As Dr. Sarno pointed out in his first book, stomach ulcers were ubiquitous until it became generally understood that the main cause of the disease is psychological stress.

+ Sarno also observed that the surge in back and neck pain cases coincided with the disappearance of stomach ulcer cases.

* Indeed, as a young adult I noticed that the majority of my acquaintances regularly suffered from spinal pain.

+ Now thanks to Sarno and others it is becoming commonly accepted that this syndrome, in all of its variations, is in almost every case psychogenic.

+ The compelling question is then what will replace it?

+ In response I decided to revisit Sarno and read his latest book. This opened new sources of information and I soon learned that my groin pain was a common complaint.

+ So far I have not found a “main stream” medical sight that even suggests that groin pain is psychogenic.

+ some enterprising orthopedic surgeons have come up with surgical interventions.

+ Is it possible that the medical community is so far out of touch with reality that it is missing a psychogenic epidemic?

Yup!
Peregrinus Posted - 07/24/2013 : 06:24:39
As Dr. Sarno pointed out in his first book, stomach ulcers were ubiquitous until it became generally understood that the main cause of the disease is psychological stress. I came from a large family and at one time about half the adults were suffering from that disease. Sarno also observed that the surge in back and neck pain cases coincided with the disappearance of stomach ulcer cases. Indeed, as a young adult I noticed that the majority of my acquaintances regularly suffered from spinal pain. Now thanks to Sarno and others it is becoming commonly accepted that this syndrome, in all of its variations, is in almost every case psychogenic. The compelling question is then what will replace it?
About 20 months ago, while struggling with lower back pain I had to undergo surgery and two months later was in a serious accident. I anticipated my back pain would increase but was blindsided by the emergence of groin pain. The groin is the area where the inner, upper thigh and lower abdomen meet. The pain was severe when I rose from a seated position and particularly when getting out of the car. I actually had trouble walking. At the time I had never even heard of groin pain. My physician was no help and couldn’t provide a possible cause. In response I decided to revisit Sarno and read his latest book. This opened new sources of information and I soon learned that my groin pain was a common complaint. Moreover, the stories of those helped by Sarno and his followers often mentioned groin pain. Then I learned about this forum and was amazed that groin pain seems to be at least as common as back pain for those who suffer from TMS.
Recently I’ve been surfing the web in an attempt to learn more about this syndrome. Every medical sight provides information so it must be a common complaint. So far I have not found a “main stream” medical sight that even suggests that groin pain is psychogenic. There are many, many possible causes identified and some enterprising orthopedic surgeons have come up with surgical interventions. Does that sound familiar? Is it possible that the medical community is so far out of touch with reality that it is missing a psychogenic epidemic?
tennis tom Posted - 07/23/2013 : 08:22:01
quote:
Originally posted by gigalos

Coincidentally my neighbour who came back yesterday from vacation was told by a Bulgarian doctor that,...

I've been to Bulgaria, and regarding the level of doctors and dentists from the Eastern Block countries, when they come to the USA, they become nurses and dental hygienists here--and unfortunately the level of our medical care is rapidly descending to those levels.

==================================================

DR. SARNO'S 12 DAILY REMINDERS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8D7w0IUIPU
www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0dKBFwGR0g

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox
======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod =================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Here's a map of TMS practitioners from the old Tarpit Yoga site, (click on the map by state for listings).:
http://www.tarpityoga.com/2007_08_01_archive.html
Racer Posted - 07/23/2013 : 08:05:07
quote:
Originally posted by scorsese

I have been diagnosed with chronic pelvic pain syndrome (nonbacterial prostatitis caused by tight muscles in the pelvic floor) , mainly groin pain and adductor tightness on my right side accompanied by frequent urination.I also had back pain caused by trauma to my pelvis and spine many years ago.My back pain has subsided but i still get spasms and stiffness in my back.My main problem now is the CPPS, im wondering if this may be TMS.

You will find the following in the footer section of every post from Tennis Tom.

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

This is quite true. As long as your medical tests are unremarkable, and the doctors unable to diagnose, the other way is to explore our inner self, identify any rage that manifests in the form of weird pains.

You are not the one. There are quite a few men who are having this pelvic pain. Explore the perspective of peer pressure, trauma (childhood/personal), additional responsibilities, etc.
gigalos Posted - 07/20/2013 : 04:47:01
Coincidentally my neighbour who came back yesterday from vacation was told by a Bulgarian doctor that, without even checking his urine or semen, he suffers from chronic bacterial prostatitis and prescribed him antibiotics.
I think it is boloney because he was checked here in Holland numerous times and I can't imagine they didn't check for this. I however have decided to let it go, maybe a placebo will do the trick for him.... this week should make things clear for him....
plum Posted - 07/20/2013 : 01:23:57
quote:
Originally posted by icelikeaninja

Confidence builds slowly with each little step. Stick to the Sarno books and the great pain deception. You will see people who had a lot worst but are better. Belief is the hardest to overcome because there are so many sensations that are telling you "no concentrate on me the pain".

When it clicks in your head it will reasonate at a higher level-frequency

This is a darling comment and one I stand beside completely. There is a moment when the certainty of tms penetrates, yet it is so hard to convey in writing. Somewhere in the psyche, there is the pealing of bells and an unequivocal sense that the pain-circus is reaching a finale. Glorious day! It becomes so much easier to turn your thoughts to faith.

scorsese, healing awaits you. For now, seek shelter in the reading and support of friends. Plenty of folk have overcome your problem and hopefully they'll add reassuring words here for you. All the best.
scorsese Posted - 07/19/2013 : 22:39:56
I have his videos also.
icelikeaninja Posted - 07/19/2013 : 18:12:45
You're welcome,

It is a little intimidating at first. In my case a book didn't help and guidance is what helped me.

He also ha audio books which might help, depending if you are a reader or auditory guy.
scorsese Posted - 07/19/2013 : 18:07:28
Thanks for the responses Ice, i have been reading about your groin problems and good luck with the therapy.I will have to reread The Mindbody Prescrption by Sarno.
icelikeaninja Posted - 07/19/2013 : 17:21:18
Confidence builds slowly with each little step. Stick to the Sarno books and the great pain deception. You will see people who had a lot worst but are better. Belief is the hardest to overcome because there are so many sensations that are telling you "no concentrate on me the pain".

When it clicks in your head it will reasonate at a higher level-frequency
icelikeaninja Posted - 07/19/2013 : 17:18:10
I won't mention what tms pains I had but I assure you I felt what you are feeling. I stopped looking up symptoms because tms comes in all shapes and forms.

If you medical history is fine I'd say seek therapy and read dr sarnois books so the pain patterns etc do not become to conditioned .

scorsese Posted - 07/19/2013 : 17:08:06
The tightness is always there.Sitting and driving make it worst. I have to urinate every half hour but very little urine is voided.I also have tendonitis on the inner knee where the adductor muscle joins at the knee.There is not to much pain just a lot of tightness,but when it gets really tight there is pain.
icelikeaninja Posted - 07/19/2013 : 16:53:33
There are so many posts about this specifically , I looked them all up when I suspected my issue was tms. Mine moves all around that area, when I think I have trouble urinating I usually do but it's on and off conditioned during the day.

Make a list of things that don't add up , for me it was pain gets worst after 11am and better at 9pm. Stupid things like that.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000