TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Invitation to TMS podcast

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
forestfortrees Posted - 07/15/2013 : 16:15:05
TMSHelp Podcast Post

Heya, everyone! Tennis Tom has been calling in to the weekly TMS call in discussion group recently, and he asked me to post the connection details here for his benefit and in case anyone else wanted to call in. To call in, just dial 1-347-817-7654 and enter 18311499 and the pound key (#), when prompted. More options to connect can be found by clicking here, but a lot of people just use the phone to call in.

ANYONE is welcome to join the discussions. I do my best to give everyone microphone time. Frequent speakers myself, Eric Watson, BruceMC, njoy, and Stock Trader. Almost all of us post at TMSHelp, so here are the relevant profile pages if some of those names sound familiar:
Eric Watson http://tmshelp.com/forum/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=2799
BruceMC: http://tmshelp.com/forum/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=2966
njoy: http://tmshelp.com/forum/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=1343
Stock Trader: http://tmshelp.com/forum/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=2975
ForestForTrees: http://tmshelp.com/forum/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=1867

There can be something powerful about hearing people’s voices. Steve Ozanich wrote, for example, about how much the tapes of Dr. Sarno reading from Healing Back Pain helped him. Unfortunately, that’s an abridged version and there are only 3 CDs in the set (I highly recommend them!). We try to fill in the gap with a patient’s viewpoint.

It can also be nice to hear the voices of people that you have been chatting with online for years. For example, here’s a segment when Tennis Tom, LSMFT called in: Click here to download the mp3 of TT's first call-in (Posted with permission. Unfortunately, I miscommunicated and made it seem like Alan might be on the call, so there is a bit of confusion at the start)

The emphasis is on giving the best experience to the listeners – having something relaxing that they can listen to in the background while they cook their meal or do chores. Currently, the group is discussing Alan Gordon’s TMS Recovery Program. We go through section by section because we think of the program as basically a roadmap, and that it takes a while to learn how to apply it.

Here at TMSHelp, there have been several great threads in the last week about the Alan Gordon free TMS recovery program: new tms treatment program and Reminders of TMS. To give people a sense of what the podcast is like, I thought I'd provide links to some of the discussions we've had about the program so far, along with their original intro text:

Hope to hear you then! Feel free to call me if you have any trouble connecting. My special number for TMS things is 857-250-3999, and I'm always happy to hear from any TMSer. Alternatively, if you ever have any troubles finding any of the TMS Wiki's programs, just type them in to our search engine at search.tmswiki.org . Easy to remember, right?

Finally, if you have any suggestions on how to improve the podcast, just let me know!

Forest

My Video Success Story
www.thankyoudrsarno.org
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
plum Posted - 07/17/2013 : 13:54:06
Forest, like Bugbear, I've gained such a lot from listening to the podcasts. Bless your heart for offering to help out and host overseas. You've planted a seed for sure...
forestfortrees Posted - 07/16/2013 : 18:56:53
Heya, Lithia, we're working on that, but don't have it done yet. We've got a software platform picked out to get it iTunes listed, but there are quite a few other details to work out and I'm afraid to say that it might still take a month or two.

By the way, we're about to start. To join, just dial 1-347-817-7654 and enter 18311499 and the pound key (#), when prompted.

My Video Success Story
www.thankyoudrsarno.org
Lithia Posted - 07/16/2013 : 14:10:45
Hi Forest and great idea with the podcast! By chance, will this be available to subscribe to/downloade from iTunes? Many thanks.
forestfortrees Posted - 07/16/2013 : 09:13:27
Hi Bugbear, I'm so sorry to hear that you are having a rough time. Your idea of a European (or, preferably, Euro-Australian) call in event at a different time is a great one. The hardest thing for events like these is renting the teleconference line and showing people how to use it, but the purpose of the wiki is to empower TMSers, so we could, of course, use the wiki's line. If you would be willing to post about it on TMSHelp, I'd be happy to host the call and particpate. We could choose whatever we want for topics. If we did it on the weekend, we could even choose a time that would work for both Europe and Australia. I'm in touch with a number of Australians who might really appreciate this.

That might be more than you are up for (though a project might be just what you need, distraction-wise; only you can know), but I do want to thank you so much for your endorsement! It's hard to tell how many people are downloading the file, so it always means a lot to hear that people enjoy it. There's something powerful about being able to chat with someone else who "gets it" and can share their own experience, straight from their heart.

For everyone else, one thing I forgot to mention is that we always open the phone lines up half an hour early just to chat and for anyone who is struggling and just wants to hear feedback. We don't record that part - another person for whom the time didn't work out requested that we do it, and it has just stuck.

Forest

My Video Success Story
www.thankyoudrsarno.org
Bugbear Posted - 07/16/2013 : 06:01:37
I would like to endorse these podcasts. I have listened to several, occasionally I dialed in and listened in real time but now that they are recorded in the middle of the night for me, I cannot do that. Perhaps someday some of us Europeans can organize a similar call in discussion even if we don't actually record it.

One of the problems many of us experience to some degree is isolation. For instance, I have been housebound for the last week trying desperately to ignore the pain with the assistance of my Kindle and IPad. Listening to the podcasts and connecting with people in this way makes me feel a little less isolated.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000