TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Help

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jennypeanut Posted - 07/14/2013 : 08:49:15
Well, I wasn't going to do this - talk about my specific symptom- because I wanted to focus on the crux of the problem (the thinking), but the latest bout of symptoms have been so strange and bizarre I'm not sure what to do. Currently I have this strange heat sensation that comes and goes on the outer part of my left calf. It feels as if I'm standing next to a hot lamp in just that area for a few long seconds and then it passes. This happens randomly throughout the day. I've gotten caught up in that old familiar thinking: "it's not hurting now, when will it hurt again", "it's serious this time", etc. I guess it's not the most troubling symptom as its not really painful but it's very annoying and I am truly havin a very difficult time yet again coping with it. I think, should I visit a Dr again? Or not? Is this just TMS? Could I be creating more of a problem by not visiting a Dr? This is the third troubling thing to happen lately. Usually I just have my bum knee to worry about but this makes that seem like a walk in the park! A few weeks ago it was a buzzing sensation in my tongue. A few weeks before that a falling sensation. Honestly it never stops. There is always some strange sensation that I don't just feel once or twice, but for days or weeks.

I am in a stressful time no doubt. I guess it's because I can't find people who have had these strange sensations that I'm so caught up. Help!
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Emilsen Posted - 07/14/2013 : 11:07:40
Dear Jenny,

Your last two posts touched my heart.
It could have been myself who had written it.
I fully understand your frustration with all these crazy symptoms that constantly pop up.
As soon as one is gone, something new replace it, and I'm always terrified of each new symptom, although I have experienced so many.
I wish I could tell you how to mentally cope with this bombardment, but being extremely poor at it myself, I'll leave that to those who have succeeded in letting go of the fear.
As for the warm sensation in your legs, I can tell you that I have had this countless times in different parts of the body. Most often on the back, scalp and currently in my face. It is terribly uncomfortable.
I hope it can give you a little relief that I have experienced something similar.
I do have to ask you: Are you taking any antidepressant, and are you tapering?

Britt
Dave Posted - 07/14/2013 : 10:34:09
If you have persistent calf pain it is best to be checked out by a physician to rule out deep vein thrombosis (DVT). Though it is unlikely, it is a very serious condition.

That said, keep in mind TMS will keep looking for symptoms to grab your attention, and when they do, stick with them.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000