TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Some Kind of Stomach Issue

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GTfan Posted - 07/09/2013 : 07:03:17
Well, it appears one of my old symptoms has decided to resurface. Instead of my daily TMJ pain that I have yet to resolve, for the past week I have been experiencing some kind of bubble in my stomach/esophagus that varies from uncomfortable to very painful. I tried to drink a few beers with some friends the other night, and I got to the point that I was even nauseous.

I had gotten away from my journaling and meditation, so I picked Steve-O's book back up to try to finish it.

I'm not really sure what is going on (maybe a hiatul hernia or esophagus spasm), but I know it is TMS. Even with my certainity, I could always use some reassurance. Has anybody else had similar symptoms?

One of the things I have struggled with getting rid of this and the TMJ, is that I can't really set physical goals like Steve-O did. I can't exactly go out and "excercise" my stomach or my jaw. I'm in a rut as to how to defeat TMS right now. I've tried to keep my mind off of it, but it has just seemed to keep lingering around. I hope to finish Steve-O's book soom, any advice is always welcome.

You’ll fall down, you stumble, you land square on your face. And every time that happens, you get back on your feet. You get up just as fast as you can, no matter how many times you need to do it
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
plum Posted - 07/09/2013 : 12:57:25
Baby, I hear you. Simple is always best.
Relaxing isn't something you do, it is a state of being. It's that post-climax hmm mmm, the world is just sweet and fine. It is also our natural state when balanced (our parasympathetic system is online and dandy). Quit trying. On all fronts. Enjoy the summer. We'll heal. All of us, in our own time, in our own way.
GTfan Posted - 07/09/2013 : 12:09:47
quote:
Originally posted by plum

Apologies for muddy comment. I mean relaxing as opposed to clenching, softening not tightening.  Yes, letting the symptoms be. You can't try to rid yourself of them, this brings us into Ace's notions of strain. So specifically, rather than exercise, with these maladies it may be best to practice relaxation. Back to yoga, remember the physical aspect serves to ready one for meditation. Most people lop that essential part off which is a shame.

As for eating normally, depending on the nature and severity of tmj, there are many foods people shun. It's too painful to chew them. With stomach problems, this may manifest as a reluctance to eat foods that cause upset or discomfort. In both cases it is the result of conditioning so eating normally is ultimately the only way to break that. I just mean being natural rather than fretting whether something us going to csuse pain.

Does that help?

Yes, I understand what you are getting at now. I have been eating "normally" ever since I found out that these symptoms were TMS. I'm still hestiant to open my mouth wide, though because my jaw pops a lot when I do this. This usually caused more pain in the past, but I'm pretty sure this is a conditioned response. My jaw had popped for years without any pain, and my guess is that my brain chose my popping jaw and teeth grinding as perfect scape goats for the pain "distraction".

I've tryed relaxing in the pain as you say, but I'm still unsure how exactly to do that. I find myself focusing on "relaxing" all day, and that itself becomes a compulsive process and almost surely contributes to the pain more.

For now, I'm going back to the basics. I'm going to start reviewing Sarno's keys as well as Ace's keys every day. I'm going to get back to journaling and meditating on my emotions everyday.

I still have hope to eliminate all of my TMS symptoms someday!
plum Posted - 07/09/2013 : 10:57:05
Apologies for muddy comment. I mean relaxing as opposed to clenching, softening not tightening.  Yes, letting the symptoms be. You can't try to rid yourself of them, this brings us into Ace's notions of strain. So specifically, rather than exercise, with these maladies it may be best to practice relaxation. Back to yoga, remember the physical aspect serves to ready one for meditation. Most people lop that essential part off which is a shame.

As for eating normally, depending on the nature and severity of tmj, there are many foods people shun. It's too painful to chew them. With stomach problems, this may manifest as a reluctance to eat foods that cause upset or discomfort. In both cases it is the result of conditioning so eating normally is ultimately the only way to break that. I just mean being natural rather than fretting whether something us going to csuse pain.

Does that help?
GTfan Posted - 07/09/2013 : 10:07:55
quote:
Originally posted by plum

Having bemoaned along similar lines and reading your comment on the yoga thread, I wonder if, with tmj and stomach woes, one should relax into and through them. This alongside moving towards normality in terms of eating. Not sure that necessitates hardcore devotion to nuts and vindaloo curries but hopefully you get the gist.

Never suffered myself with your latest symptom but it does sound like GERD and doubtless the search will yield fruit.

I'm not sure if I'm following you here. "Relax into them", meaning accept the pain and try not to get rid of it? What do you mean by normal eating?

You’ll fall down, you stumble, you land square on your face. And every time that happens, you get back on your feet. You get up just as fast as you can, no matter how many times you need to do it
plum Posted - 07/09/2013 : 09:51:19
Having bemoaned along similar lines and reading your comment on the yoga thread, I wonder if, with tmj and stomach woes, one should relax into and through them. This alongside moving towards normality in terms of eating. Not sure that necessitates hardcore devotion to nuts and vindaloo curries but hopefully you get the gist.

Never suffered myself with your latest symptom but it does sound like GERD and doubtless the search will yield fruit.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000