TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 new tms treatment program

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bjackson034 Posted - 07/08/2013 : 16:55:17
Not sure if anyone's seen this, but this treatment program is pretty amazing. http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/TMS_Recovery_Program

I feel like I've just been through 2 months of therapy.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bjackson034 Posted - 07/14/2013 : 21:02:25
Yea, I thought the sessions were most helpful. Especially the ones about how to get into touch with repressed emotions. I didn't know that was supposed to be possible.
almost there Posted - 07/13/2013 : 12:31:33
Thank you!
forestfortrees Posted - 07/13/2013 : 11:43:21
Heya, RSR, I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed my posts!

I don't claim to know much about Gendlin's approach or the felt sense, but it seems like a great tool for helping us get in touch with and come to terms with what is going on underneath the surface. Given that TMS arises from, to paraphrase Dr. Sarno, "A Divided Mind," it seems like focusing could be a good way to make the mind a little less divided.

BTW, RSR, I've been following your posts for a while, and appreciate your drawing my attention to the Rage/Soothe Ratio. It's one of the real diamonds of insight that one finds in MBP, and I'm coming to see it as a core principle of TMS healing for many people. Similar to the principle of equanimity, we need to recapture the sense of joy in our lives that the TMS may have taken away from us. This is part of making the TMS distraction strategy irrelevant by getting our focus off of our symptoms and back into living our lives. This tips the Rage/Soothe ratio towards soothing and calms the psychological fires that fuel TMS.

I've wanted to add more about enjoying life to the Wiki's Structured Educational Program, so I added the RSR to day 39 of the SEP. For the benefit of anyone reading this, note that there is a difference between the free 6 week Structured Educational Program, which was written by myself and another of other members of the community online and the free TMS Recovery Program that was written by Alan Gordon and donated to the community.

I spoke with Alan and we both think that his program would be a good thing to do first, before the Structured Educational Program because it gives important skills that can be used later on in the program. Alan teaches at the University of Southern California and I'm currently working with one of his graduate students, named Emily, to integrate the programs so that people who want to heal using free programs will have access to the best programs that we can give them. Here's the link to the Structured Educational Program if anyone wants to compare it to the Alan Gordon Program:
http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Structured_Educational_Program
(The link to the Alan Gordon TMS Recovery Program is above.)

I think the key with the Alan Gordon program is that while reading it can be helpful and give ideas, it is really just a roadmap. It's up to each of us who want to use it to apply the steps at the right times. To help make that easier, we're working on a series of podcasts that people can listen to where Eric Watson, njoy, BruceMC and I discuss our takes on each of the different steps of the Program. Tennis Tom joined us one time recently and suggested that I make a post about the podcast, but, being a bit of a perfectionist, that's going to take me a day or two, and I wanted to make sure that I responded to your post first.

F

My Video Success Story
www.thankyoudrsarno.org
icelikeaninja Posted - 07/12/2013 : 11:33:56
I briefly skimmed through this and it looks very promising.
RageSootheRatio Posted - 07/12/2013 : 10:16:02
wow, THANKS for spotlighting Alan Gordon's program again!
He is a very generous person!
It sure is compelling to have his audio examples.
I see the program also has its own (very helpful) dedicated discussion board.

forestfortrees: thanks for your posts on that board, and also for some of your recent posts on this one! I was particularly struck by your quoting the one about the "felt sense" approach (from Eugene Gendlin's FOCUSING book) and your pointing out the "tone of equanimity" in relation to TMS symptoms. Eye-opening for me, as I have been involved w/ Focusing for years and years, but never really put it in my TMS toolkit. It's in there, now for sure!

mala, if you are reading this, Gendlin's "Instructions for not following Instructions" (http://www.focusing.org/gendlin/docs/gol_2234.html#hd9) might be helpful to you. Also, I was VERY curious to know if you have looked at Alan's program (http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/TMS_Recovery_Program) and what you thought of it.

~RSR
plum Posted - 07/09/2013 : 04:07:59
Aye. Tis very good and a great addition to the tms toolkit.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000