TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 The Elusive Obvious

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
plum Posted - 07/05/2013 : 04:46:53
Gentle souls,

Recent posts and very pertinent personal experience of late, prompt me to kindly remind us that tms is not and should never be a refuge for our fears, especially those fears of being medically checked out.

I had managed to snare myself in a terribly self-defeating cycle of doubt, terror and despair. It went on for a long time, way past the last check-up, way past any reasonable sense of what the obvious course of action was.

Last week I reached the nadir. I was psychologically falling apart. The fear was relentless. The pain was alarming. I was scared to death. So I picked up the phone and made an evening appointment, safe in the knowledge that by the time I went to bed that night I would know what I was dealing with.

And I thank the gods I made that call. I am fine. I bounced out of the surgery absolutely ready and determined to face tms down.

Before then I couldn't have mustered the energy if my life depended on it. I doubted. I had no real faith. Lest we forget, an essential part of dealing with tms is repudiation of the physical. Until you can stand firm in this belief, you will only circle yourself with your fears circling you. You have to break the cycle.

This will look different for everyone. For me, I have always carried the complications of my problem and felt them to be at odds with tms. I brux which means there is a very real danger of causing damage to my teeth. That is freaky. I've had the devil's own job balancing this with breaking the chains of fear. I've found that place now.

My appeal is to those who *know* they are locked in that cycle. Seek help, whatever help you need. Sometimes we need a stronger-in-the-moment spirit to lift us up and pop us down somewhere better. No more free-falling. Do what needs to be done. If you need treatment, get it. I've been manhandled in the name of healing and I rejoice. As RSR points out, healing can come from mind to body, from body to mind. I needed a body to mind boost.

Intention is all.
Spark off me. Let the boom boom begin.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
RageSootheRatio Posted - 07/05/2013 : 07:01:28
Thanks, plum. I do have to second your thoughts...

Some months ago (may have been back in December?!) I had posted about some new symptoms which I *thought* were probably just TMS but Ace1 rightly told me to get them checked out. Well, I COULDN'T. They weren't bad enough, and I just could NOT go to the doctor's. I was stressed out as it was, and I could not muster the emotional / mental energy to go.

A week or so ago the symptoms really ramped out and then the FEAR !! OH MY. It was dreadful. Luckily my doctor's office has a daily "urgent hour" (drop-in) so I just decided to GO. The doctor there that day ordered some tests (not back yet) but he was VERY reassuring and my symptoms IMMEDIATELY THAT SAME DAY became about 95% better!! Since then, I've only had a few hours of "flare-ups".

quote:

My appeal is to those who *know* they are locked in that cycle. Seek help, whatever help you need. Sometimes we need a stronger-in-the-moment spirit to lift us up and pop us down somewhere better. No more free-falling. Do what needs to be done. If you need treatment, get it.

YES, and sometimes the relief, does "wash over" (as plum said in another thread)... it is PALPABLE ! It is WORTH IT!
If you are too frightened to go to the doctor's post your fears onto this thread! We will try to help. It is the first step.

RSR

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000