TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Peripheral nerve stimulator

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
joan Posted - 06/28/2013 : 09:14:58
Please help if anyone has been helped by a implanted nerve stimulator.This blocks the nerve signals sent to the brain..Facial Pain for 7 years
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
art Posted - 06/29/2013 : 09:53:29
That's a great point Ace. There's no way to know whether it's going to work, or if it does whether it's simply a placebo effect. And Joan, given your history, if it does work the likelihood of developing another symptom to takes its place is high. So in the end you've gained nothing...

That they're positing nerve involvement with no other underlying problems that are evident, just seems like another way of saying it's TMS...which is to say pain in the absence of structural problems.

They've already operated once unnecessarily. I wouldn't let them do it again...
Ace1 Posted - 06/29/2013 : 06:38:43
I would say don't do it. Work more on TMS treatment. Dr Sarno once had a family friend with facial pain. He did not believe in dr Sarno's approach and went to a surgeon who said he could relieve the pain by cutting a nerve. Dr Sarno advised against it, but he did it anyways. He was relieved of pain by the procedure. A few months later the man developed stomach cancer and soon after died. I'm not saying that something like this will happen to you, there are many who obviously get surgery and nothing new happens. The point is that it will either not work or something else will take its place. Good luck.
art Posted - 06/28/2013 : 20:03:32
Interesting question, Joan. Is my understanding correct that they can't find anything structurally wrong? If so, your situation would seem to fit the TMS model very neatly, while offering a much less invasive way to treat. Perhaps one of the docs might weigh in.

I know you had surgery once already, which it turns out the doctors now say wasn't necessary? Is that correct?

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000