TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Quick question for Ace1

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pan Posted - 06/26/2013 : 09:27:15
Taken from the keys to healing:

The URGE to just be finished with something or to want to get somewhere quickly so bad is I think equivalent to the pain/symptom, but it has just become dissociated from its original meaning, which why it is just pain/symptom. Another way to think about this is you have made (conditioned) yourself to be uncomfortable in almost every situation and the urge is to escape...It is also helpful to recognize and put your attention on this urge/strain if you can find it and try to bring back its meaning to it.

Can you elaborate on this, keep reading over this and feel there is something in there that is very relevant to me but can't quite put my finger on it...can you explain the essence of it in any other way?

cheers.

Wake me up with your amphetamine blast
Take me by the collar and throw me out into the world
Rock me gently & send me dreaming of something tender
I was brought here to pay homage to the beat surrender

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pan Posted - 06/27/2013 : 00:24:03
quote:
Originally posted by balto

Years ago, I was stressed out, often woke up late, late for work, so I raced my car from home to work all the time. This happened quite often and I was conditioned to drive fast ever since. Even when I don't have to be any where at certain time I still drive fast. It became a habit, an automatic habit that often made me tense and feel rush.
I don't like Mcdonald, but fast food would fit my schedule better. I don't like TV commercial because I want to finish watching my favorite show quicker. I rush through life like there is no tomorrow.

Look around us. Fast food, fast car, express airplane check in line. Supermarket line never fast enough for me even when I don't have to be anywhere soon. I got irritated when someone take too long to finish his/her question... phew, I'm tired thinking back about it.

We never have enough time to finish anything so we can go home and do nothing.

got to live in the NOW.

------------------------
No, I don't know everything. I'm just here to share my experience.

"We never have enough time to finish anything so we can go home and do nothing"

icelikeaninja Posted - 06/26/2013 : 20:59:12
Ohh goodness,

Walking around NYC is murder for me especially if there is a red light or if tons of ppl are in front of me. I have nowhere to go. Makes sense. I hate standing in place or in line or on the subway
balto Posted - 06/26/2013 : 20:43:56
Years ago, I was stressed out, often woke up late, late for work, so I raced my car from home to work all the time. This happened quite often and I was conditioned to drive fast ever since. Even when I don't have to be any where at certain time I still drive fast. It became a habit, an automatic habit that often made me tense and feel rush.
I don't like Mcdonald, but fast food would fit my schedule better. I don't like TV commercial because I want to finish watching my favorite show quicker. I rush through life like there is no tomorrow.

Look around us. Fast food, fast car, express airplane check in line. Supermarket line never fast enough for me even when I don't have to be anywhere soon. I got irritated when someone take too long to finish his/her question... phew, I'm tired thinking back about it.

We never have enough time to finish anything so we can go home and do nothing.

got to live in the NOW.

------------------------
No, I don't know everything. I'm just here to share my experience.
RageSootheRatio Posted - 06/26/2013 : 14:59:53
thanks pan, for bringing this one up, and thanks Ace1 for your reply. this one has spoken to me, too and I appreciate your explaining this. I have been thinking about your "keys" more lately ... how I seem to be so completely "steeped" in strain- especially when I take your advice to look at the bigger picture I can see this more clearly, I think. RSR
Ace1 Posted - 06/26/2013 : 14:51:00
Ok, everything on those keys are hard to put into words but ill try. Imagine you are consciously pushing yourself to be faster than you can be. That is an urge. Imagine you did it a million times over. You may just now get the urge or feeling to do this without seeing that it was to be faster than you can be. In other words, the urge has lost it's original meaning and now is just a habit. Try to bring back its meaning and break the habit. I hope that makes sense.
icelikeaninja Posted - 06/26/2013 : 13:37:10
Yea, it seems like many things need to be changed to accomplish this.
pan Posted - 06/26/2013 : 13:34:16
Indeed...I thinking it operates on a deep level though and thinking about this over the last couple of days I've realised just how future projected I am and how every action I carry out or every experience I have has to be completed as quickly as possible to move onto the next thing.

A good recent example of this is with running...if I go for a 5 mile run my mind will immediately picture myself 3 or 4 miles into it even if I've just started and then I will picture myself finished and whatever it is I'm planning to do next...it's almost like I'm wishing the run to be finished even though I do actually enjoy the process of running. I can actually apply this to pretty much everything I do.

Anyway, the part that intrigues me the most in the key is the part about and trying to bring back meaning to it...what does this actually mean and involve?

icelikeaninja Posted - 06/26/2013 : 13:12:19
Good one. When I read that I just thought it meant tmsers don't take the time to stop and smell the roses.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000