TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 EMG Test - Big Scam??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ladyrat Posted - 04/01/2005 : 15:38:36
I just got the word on my MRI: There's some "pinching", but no significant spinal problems. This is from a neurologist who seems a bit shady to me. He wants me to come back to see him and take an EMG study which apparently involves submitting to various painful electric shocks in order to assess nerve damage. This sounds like a completely unnecessary test and probably some sort of insurance-ripoff this doctor is engaging in. Has anyone had this test? Thanks and enjoy your weekends!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ladyrat Posted - 04/04/2005 : 10:11:17
Thank you, Polly and Fox, for the advice! Keep on keepin' on!

Halley
Fox Posted - 04/04/2005 : 08:32:29
My 2 EMGs hurt like heck. To me, it was like being in a torture chamber. I had the second one about 2 years after the first one...They were useless because one indicated nerve damage to one particular nerve root and the other indicated nerve damage to another nerve root.
polly Posted - 04/04/2005 : 07:47:03
Halley,
Aside from the EMG being a really annoying bunch of shocks, I think it is valueless. Since you know that TMS is the problem, this is just a waste of time and it's really uncomfortable.

Polly
ladyrat Posted - 04/04/2005 : 05:56:35
Hey, Baseball:

Thanks for the advice. I think you're right. Getting the EMG test probably won't make a difference one way or the other. You're a singer/songwriter too! Cool! Yeah, no kidding about the anger and frustration in that profession!! In fact, people always wonder why my songs are so angry when I'm such a nice person in life. I guess it's a good outlet for lots of emotions that are a little scary. In fact I've been having something of a writer's block lately - maybe related to the TMS??? Hope you are well! Halley
Baseball65 Posted - 04/01/2005 : 16:46:09
Hello Halley

I had a bunch of EMG's....probably one for everytime I had a new Dr. in my merry-go-round through the Back trade.

It's a dumb little test where they shock you and see how much you respond through the the nerve(It's not painful,but it isn't comfy either)

In HBP Sarno says TMS patients may or may not show nerve changes from an EMG....if you have TMS than it is just another part of the mythology of structural problems.

My left calf was horribly atrophied after 14 months of limping...structural changes CAN occur as the result of a psychologically induced process,so it is pointless and academic to look for "nerve damage" with an EMG if TMS is the problem.

My EMG's were always positive for nerve damage and I recovered in weeks after doing the Sarno thing.

I noticed on your user profile you are a singer/songwriter???
That is enough repressed rage right there to cause TMS.

I know...I'm one too.

peace

Baseball65

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000