TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Hypnotherapy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Matt2013 Posted - 06/20/2013 : 13:27:13
I'm just curious has any one tried it? You could get the Tm theories re- affirmed while under... Or some ideas to relax you from the fear/anxiety where you might get triggered?

I wonder if it would be effective?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eric watson Posted - 06/21/2013 : 14:30:17
Tom my friend

Family issues, had to take some time away

ive enjoyed my few drop ins though- lots of questions

to expand the tms world of knowledge I see.

yea I was thinking about all the help the psychotherapist

gave to Sarnos work and its a lot when it comes to some of the

How tos and why nots of his whole profession.....

been doing tons of research so I can stay up to date

Glad to see your still hanging and helping

its always good to see your answers,

yea Sarnos all for a hypnotic state to clear a clutter if needed

who knew, you can do it with your eyes open

tennis tom Posted - 06/21/2013 : 09:53:10
Yah, hypnosis is mentioned in the Good Doctor's books in a positive way if I recall correctly, also bio-feed back if I recall. Don't have time to research it, gotta' dash (hobble) to a tennis clinic with some hot-chicks.

Erric where you been, fixing roofs in Oklahoma? It's not been easy holding down the Citadel of Sarno without you--it's been HIGH ANXIETY around here!!!

Good to hear form ya',
tt/lsmft
tmsjptc Posted - 06/21/2013 : 09:47:51
Matt, interesting timing of your post. I literally just tried a hypnosis CD before visiting this forum. I'm well into the TMS healing and don't have much of the frequency or intensity of the pain anymore. But, I thought hypnosis might be helpful so I tried it. I stayed conscious enough that I remember everything said but definitely did notice that I felt my body relax and let go of stress. I was encouraged to visualize cool and calming colors of liquid flowing through my body while old grey wisps of smoke (to represent stress) leaving my body. I've already been doing some of this visualization work anyway, so the concept didn't seem strange to me at all and I went with it. It didn't produce some kind of immediate cure, but I did feel more relaxed afterwards and I can see how regularly using it to slow yourself down and let go of stress would be helpful. This is just my two cents and I'm sure there are other aspects of hypnosis I'm not aware of, but I hope this is helpful to you.
eric watson Posted - 06/21/2013 : 06:42:44
hypnotherapy, hypnosis and self hypnosis are very legit and work wonders after you find whats the problem theres an affirmation script you can speak into a recorder or just read out loud about three times a day-
having a wife or mate that would be willing to help along with the reading would be great too...

how do you think Dentist produce anesthesia

how do you think drs produce the same

hypnosis has some great advice on how to speak to your mind and body to get results

I just started a book called self hypnosis with your eyes open

very good book, look it up on line

forbes robbins blair

hes not a wizard, very good teacher of self programming so you can help your brain change
Peregrinus Posted - 06/20/2013 : 14:04:20
Matt:
You might look in the archive from last winter (Jan/Feb). There was a post that contained a link to a report on a study that showed self hypnosis to be effective in treating chronic pain.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000