TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Letting out anger

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Marlawantstohike Posted - 06/17/2013 : 00:31:41
So I was cleaning today and cooking while listening to Dr Sarno on YouTube, and a interview from Forest and Nicole.

After that you would think I would be all ready to face life's problems big or small.

I was reaching for sugar in Tupperware container and it flew open all 5 expensive organic crystal pounds, all over floor I had just mopped, shelves and floor of my pantry, into cracks everywhere.

I don't think I have been this angry in years. I was yelling, cussing, crying, etc. or maybe I just needed it to come out.

I vacuumed like 20 times and still found crystals on my bare feet. I ended up spraying cleaner and mopping by hand.

I am not sure what I am trying to say but I have been thinking all afternoon about what Sarno said about not concentrating on the pain. I guess I should add I fear cooking because bending to cook makes my back hurt and sure enough it was doing it this afternoon, adding to anger at my inability to figure out this TMS stuff.

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Marlawantstohike Posted - 06/25/2013 : 23:57:27
I was reading this at work today but couldn't respond. I was angry at my schedule.

I am getting better, I talked to manager within a few hours instead of swallowing it up and he fixed the problem.

Over the weekend I stayed with my cousin, she let her 23 yr old have friends spend the night two of the three nights I was there making noise most of the night, I remembered why I rarely visit even though I love her. I felt out of control, but talking to her about it went no where because she still babies him.

I listened to Mind Body Prescription on the way to Seattle and back, I live almost 3 hrs from there.

I don't like confrontation so tend to hold things in. Starting to journal, yes I am working it.
eric watson Posted - 06/25/2013 : 11:17:42
quote:
Originally posted by chickenbone

Eric, you are so sweet. I really like your posts.

thanks chickenbone, I really like your post too
you've came a long way and your knowledge is second to none
chickenbone Posted - 06/25/2013 : 10:21:45
Eric, you are so sweet. I really like your posts.
eric watson Posted - 06/25/2013 : 07:51:04
you did good by letting the anger out,
now learn to meditate on good thoughts and feelings and
if need be let your anger out only when needed
then concentrate more on peaceful times and
use mindfulness to form the habit of being in the now
you should start to see a change in about the time it
takes to make peaceful meditations and
mindfulness a habit you love to do
1koolkat Posted - 06/25/2013 : 02:51:54
Marla, your post keeps knocking at the back of my head. I wanted to reply to it, so you would know that I hear you saying you feel inadequate learning this new TMS way, and that you fianlly allowed the anger, regardless of the meaningless presenting incident. When I don't feel heard, I want to go back in my lonely shell (and then listen to my stinkin' thinkin') and I hope you haven't done that.

I'm really resonating with what Chickenbone says about Somatic Experiencing - check her out - she da bomb! Darko says anger is an addiction. Since you haven't let it out in 20 years, maybe the repression of it is an addiction, too?

Keep on truckin, Marla. If you can do it, I can, too.

Kat
jaya Posted - 06/24/2013 : 13:33:50
sugar?? people still eat that stuff? where have I been?
Peregrinus Posted - 06/20/2013 : 14:08:46
Organic sugar!? That’s the oxymoron of the year.
jaya Posted - 06/17/2013 : 10:49:34
anger equals pain....period

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000