TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Rectal pressure

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Emilsen Posted - 06/14/2013 : 23:56:32
Hi all,

In the last month I have had a constant intense rectal pressure. It's hard to describe, but it is totally unbearable, and has taken over my life and thoughts.
It feels like I constantly need to pass stools, even if nothing is there. It's not like pain, but a huge pressure, especially when I'm upright, sitting walking and standing, it feels almost as if my rectum falls out. Only slight relief I get, is if I'm lying down.
I've been to a gynecologist and have been scanned. No fibroids, no prolapse, everything is normal. Has also had a sigmoidskopi. No, polyps, hemorrhoids or anything else that could explain my symptoms.
It started after I had a spotting between my periods, something I have only experienced once before. Yes, it scared me. I thought that I might unconsciously had tensed up this region, but all my attempts to deal with it as TMS has been unsuccessful.
My doctor is now talking about nerve or disk damage in the lower back, or endometriosis.
I have always been afraid of examinations, hospitals, to "get something real." The idea that I might have to undergo a laparoscopy, is completely terrifying.
I have succeeded over the years to eliminate many symptoms by attacking them as TMS. I am fully aware of my ability to create psychosomatic pain, and would actually prefer it to be TMS, rather than a "real diagnosis". Does that make sense?
This just feels in some way different, more real, and it makes me very anxious.
I am absolutely desperate to get it stopped before I end up with even more examinations.
Forgive me for asking about a specific symptom, I know that this has been discussed recently in a post. I'm just so distressed about this.
I have over time gotten so much help from many of you on this forum, by just reading your posts. I have rarely written any posts my self, mostly because of the language barrier.
I admit, that I hope someone will tell me that they have experienced the same intense rectal pressure and that it can easily be TMS. I would greatly appreciate all your help.

Many greetings from Denmark
Britt
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jaya Posted - 06/17/2013 : 10:48:03
i started out with this as my first symptom...it was pretty bad too..
lose the stress and anger...the pain in your butt will go away...you are unconsciously tightening your sphincter muscle
Emilsen Posted - 06/16/2013 : 08:59:58
Dear all

Many thanks for your replies and encouragement.
I know that even the smallest doubt, as to whether my symptoms are harmless, and the resulting anxiety, are making it impossible for me to deal with them properly.
I was in despair when I wrote my post yesterday, but when I saw your replies I started to calm down. I searched and read what you have suggested, and I managed to get back on track last evening.
I ended up working a bit in the garden, which I had not done for so many weeks. The pressure was no less when I started, but I chose to move with it, and not let it control my movements. I gave it as little attention as possible, which were extremely difficult, but after a few hours I realized that I had managed to have a fairly good time in spite of it.
Today the pressure are not constant, I have breaks, and I believe it goes in the right direction.
I know from past experiences, that reduction in my symptoms only happened when something "clicked" in my mind.
Sometimes I have been able to make the "click" myself by rereading selected pages of Sarno, Weekes, Steve O and others. In more severe cases, I had to get a clean test from my doctor before I was able to think clearly. This time has been more difficult, more anxiety I think.
I hope that my brain will eventually stop the flow of new symptoms, and that the "click" will become a permanent state of mind. Until then I'm happy that I have this forum and you!
Once again, many thanks for your help.

Britt

plum Posted - 06/16/2013 : 07:00:27
Hello Britt,

I can't speak from experience on this but people here and the wiki ( http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/), speak highly of Abigail Steidley. Her website can be found at http://anamsong.com/

I hope you find some comfort there. The wiki is very supportive so I suggest you post there too. Take good care sweetheart.
alix Posted - 06/16/2013 : 00:23:31
NextAdventure: Stanford university does not have a pelvic pain clinic. Stanford asked Wise to stop calling his pelvic pain method the Stanford protocol. It is therefore the Wise-Anderson protocol now and is not affiliated to Stanford.
Also his protocol uses physical therapy which is counter productive.
tennis tom Posted - 06/15/2013 : 08:59:16
quote:
Originally posted by Emilsen

Hi all,

I am fully aware of my ability to create psychosomatic pain, and would actually prefer it to be TMS, rather than a "real diagnosis". Does that make sense?

Hi Britt, THAT MAKES A LOT OF SENSE! And that's what most are here for.

Do some reading using the "SEARCH" feature, (see the site map above right), putting in your key words.

Your issue has been discussed here on many occasions.

I wouldn't rush into any surgery.

Good Luck!
tt

==================================================

DR. SARNO'S 12 DAILY REMINDERS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8D7w0IUIPU
www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0dKBFwGR0g

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox
======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod =================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Here's a map of TMS practitioners from the old Tarpit Yoga site, (click on the map by state for listings).:
http://www.tarpityoga.com/2007_08_01_archive.html
gigalos Posted - 06/15/2013 : 07:20:50
Hi Britt,

You made me think of my neighbor. He has been complaining about similar things. After years of looking for a cause, he recently had a manual therapist specialized in the pelvic area give him a rectal examination and this woman found some nasty trigger points in his pelvic muscles. Now, triggerpoints are just a direct result of TMS, although this conclusion is a bridge too far for my neighbor. You having less problems lying down is logical to me, as there is less need for your pelvic muscles to tighten.

I hope this somehow gives you some confirmation that the problems you have can easily be TMS.
NextAdventure Posted - 06/15/2013 : 07:05:08
It is called pelvic floor muscle dysfucntion. Stanford university has a clinic to treat it. It is a stress response

Men have had prostate surgery and women put of years of medications for this. Everything from testicular pain to vulvadynia You can google it

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000