TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Joint Pain from Overuse?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GTfan Posted - 06/07/2013 : 12:25:18
Okay, so I have gotten into a debate with some non-TMSers that I'm sure I won't win due to their stubborness, but here goes:

I made the claim that chronic joint pain (particularly knee pain) from overuse such as jumping or running is most likely just a manifestation of TMS. I don't think our bodies are so fragile that overuse will cause large amounts of pain in our knees.

Can anybody affirm my claim? Possibly point me in the direction of some of Sarno's thoughts or material on the subject?

You’ll fall down, you stumble, you land square on your face. And every time that happens, you get back on your feet. You get up just as fast as you can, no matter how many times you need to do it
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bryan3000 Posted - 06/07/2013 : 22:22:14
Balto for President.
balto Posted - 06/07/2013 : 12:51:41
a few years ago I've met an old farmer in Thailand. He was 86 and he started working on his farm since he was 14. He worked everyday except for 6 days a year, 12 hours a day. He has no join pain.

I once saw a documentary of people in Okinawa, people in their 80 and 90's still climb trees picking oranges and still working, walking, running...

Do you watch those Charlie Chaplin silent movies? People work their life away in those Ford factories for years and years and chronic back pain was unheard of back then. CFS, whiplash, Tendonitis, gout, fibromyalgia,... were mostly modern invention. These are "diseases" that don't exist before the 70's.

I wonder what make our generation more vulnerable to all of these "diseases"? :)

These people don't worry about their health much, many of them rarely go to doctors. They don't watch TV and not expose to drug companies' ads, they don't spend time online with facebook friends, they spend time with real friends and family. They don't buy big houses and build fences to protect their privacy, they sit on their porches and talk to friends and neighbors. They write letters, they don't use email....

Modern life sucks!

------------------------
No, I don't know everything. I'm just here to share my experience.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000