TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Fear

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
NicoleSachsLCSW Posted - 06/03/2013 : 11:36:33
Hey guys,

If anyone is interested, I wrote a post for InspireMeToday on Fear and it comports really well with TMS healing.

In my humble opinion, it is difficult to heal without embracing our own vulnerability and owning our "part" in our dramas. TMS is ruled by fear, and I've seen and felt fear perpetuate it many times over.

Anyway, here's the post. Hope you are well and happy on this lovely, rainy (in DE) day.

http://www.inspiremetoday.com/archiveDisp.php?type=0&ref=1894

Nicole

Embrace your Truth, Create your Life.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
NicoleSachsLCSW Posted - 06/11/2013 : 18:30:31
Kristin,

I love your tagline, "Worry is the misuse of imagination." HOW TRUE!!!

Keep fighting the good fight. Hoping this finds you well...

xoxo, n.

quote:
Originally posted by KristenG

Good article, Nicole! Thanks for sharing.

I didn't realize that you were DE too. Cool : )

Kristen

Worry is the misuse of imagination.

KristenG Posted - 06/08/2013 : 16:46:21
Good article, Nicole! Thanks for sharing.

I didn't realize that you were DE too. Cool : )

Kristen

Worry is the misuse of imagination.
NicoleSachsLCSW Posted - 06/06/2013 : 18:34:01
Thank you, Andy. I'm just trying to connect people with their truths. It is a powerful healing tool. I'm confused about this board's need for controversy, but if you like the way I write, I invite you to be in touch after you've read. I'm more than happy to help in any way that I can.

Best,

Nicole

apace41 Posted - 06/05/2013 : 07:43:40
Nicole,

I probably don't need another mind/body book, yet I'm probably going to get yours because I really like the way you write.

Andy
NextAdventure Posted - 06/05/2013 : 06:57:47
Morning Nicole

Just read the article...each of these endogenous fears you list are like death by a thousand paper cuts. People often look for the smoking gun cause or in Sarno’s paradigm the repressed bolus of emotion.

What we miss is that our thoughts, beliefs and cosmology is with us every millisecond either comforting us or causing dissonance that leads to tension and ill health. Only by becoming mindful and fully present with ourselves...watching the mind can we learn our story and change it. We wear the colored glasses our family wore and as fish has no idea what water is we don’t know how to “see” differently...think differently or react differently.

So the work is not some major psycho-archeology dig where we look for a reservoir of repressed emotional detritus but how our mind works in the moment – beginning to know ourselves deeply and intimately and choosing our response to our minds.
NextAdventure Posted - 06/05/2013 : 06:42:42
Hi Nicole

I like your statement: “41 Years in the making”. People often ask me for a link to my information. Mine are 9 years of college and 65 years in the making. I was trained as a medical psychologist but write for a living now.
balto Posted - 06/04/2013 : 16:27:33
quote:
Originally posted by NicoleSachsLCSW

... TMS is ruled by fear, and I've seen and felt fear perpetuate it many times over...

I also happen to think it is what keep tms/anxiety alive. No Fear, no more pain.

Thanks for sharing Nichole.

------------------------
No, I don't know everything. I'm just here to share my experience.
NicoleSachsLCSW Posted - 06/03/2013 : 14:19:07
I am a writer at heart and a psychotherapist all the time (which is also my heart.)

To answer your question, I wrote that piece in 20 minutes, because everything I EVER write is, "20 minutes and 41 years" in the making. :) I imagine most people will get this. This is not to downplay the message; quite the opposite. It's more like, when something is "in" you for a long long while, sometimes it just comes pouring out.

For people with TMS, this can be a great gift... the greatest gift. If we have the support and guidance to let out our darkest truths without fear of retribution or guilt, there is no place for TMS to hide.

xoxoxo, n.

quote:
Originally posted by icelikeaninja

Nice article,

It resonates with me. As we grow older I think our problems become bigger and that is why we do not remember things like getting picked on the bus, not eating enough etc.

At the time when we are children we are terrified of these emotions, we avoid them, as we shrug off the little things we tend to only notice the big things.

Those little things hurt just as much but we chose avoidance of the issue.

Did you work on this article or was it something that just came at the moment?

Matt2013 Posted - 06/03/2013 : 11:52:36
that's great. thanks Matt
icelikeaninja Posted - 06/03/2013 : 11:51:50
Nice article,

It resonates with me. As we grow older I think our problems become bigger and that is why we do not remember things like getting picked on the bus, not eating enough etc.

At the time when we are children we are terrified of these emotions, we avoid them, as we shrug off the little things we tend to only notice the big things.

Those little things hurt just as much but we chose avoidance of the issue.

Did you work on this article or was it something that just came at the moment?

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000