TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 The vacillating mind - To: Dr. James, Ace & TTom

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Racer Posted - 05/31/2013 : 06:05:16
To: Dr. James, Ace & TTom - Looking for your thoughts.

Recently I met a person during a working session, was telling me that our deeds (Karma?)are the reason for most of our ailments.

He continued saying that we are just not inheriting the traits & resemblances of our ancestors, the suppressed emotions as well can flow for several generations. How true this statement is? Can the rage in our mind flow for multiple generations, if not released?

I'm baffled to believe on what he says about Karma, etc. Are they true?

My pain update:
I continue to practice the TMS techniques, and doing very good.

Dr. James had posted in one of the topics recently about the "monopolizing" mind. It is very much true. Whenever I say that I'm doing great without any pain to someone closer to me, the pain will try to visit me in the next few days. If I say I don't get headaches, or neck spasms, it will quickly visit me the very next day. Few days back, I was telling someone that I had a very good sleep for 9 hours and got up fresh, the next days followed with much disturbed sleep.

If I write saying that I stopped valium for several months, makes me think how the monopolizing mind will challenge me once again, that doesn't let me share the happiness when the health improves, always trying to retain me in a "grief" state?

Has anyone seen similar challenges from the mind while healing?
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Racer Posted - 06/07/2013 : 08:03:57
Thank you Dr. James.
Dr James Alexander Posted - 06/07/2013 : 05:23:27
Racer- click on the link i provided, and then once on the page, go up to to Free Online counselling/self help, and then use the drop box to select an issue to work on. It should work.

James
Racer Posted - 06/06/2013 : 08:17:23
Dr. James,

Thanks for the response. The link in your above is not working. It gives a page not found error message.

quote:
Chronic symptoms are maintained for a reason. What is it that you may have to do or to face if the symptom was gone? Most of this will be positive, but there is likely to also be a factor which is challenging- no one can tell you what this is.

I've memorized the above statement from you in your above post. It helps realizing better. They are pretty relevant to my case.

Ace,
quote:

Its monopolized because your mind at that time is strained (hyped up/on edge/ancticipatory). The monopoly is part of the syndrome. It is excatly the same as the pain. As the need for the pain goes away so will this obsession. For a lot of us who have a intense personality, it will take a lot of practice to decondition yourself to these situations. You also dont want your symtptoms to sensitize you more to the situation.

As you know I'm lot better compared to the past in dealing my pains, these days I begin to regret by looking at the rough path I went through. Though I got my physique back, there is still some sadness in the character, still unable to socialize (I have no clue what exactly blocking me).

It feels like a lull after a storm. The remnants still irks me.
Ace1 Posted - 06/03/2013 : 09:49:10
Its monopolized because your mind at that time is strained (hyped up/on edge/ancticipatory). The monopoly is part of the syndrome. It is excatly the same as the pain. As the need for the pain goes away so will this obsession. For a lot of us who have a intense personality, it will take a lot of practice to decondition yourself to these situations. You also dont want your symtptoms to sensitize you more to the situation.
Dr James Alexander Posted - 06/02/2013 : 18:37:15
Racer- i didnt have that experience, and i have not regularly seen it, but that doesnt matter- we are all different, and all of our experiences of TMS are unique. It sounds to me that the part of your mind/brain that feels it necessary to create the symptom is worried that you are getting rid of the symptom without addressing the reason why it felt it necessary to create the symptom in the first place. Chronic symptoms are maintained for a reason. What is it that you may have to do or to face if the symptom was gone? Most of this will be positive, but there is likely to also be a factor which is challenging- no one can tell you what this is. You might like to look at a really good bunch of questions i found recently on a website- they are from a Coherence Therapy framework, and can create some good food for thought. Go to:- www.psychresources.net/free-online-counselling/

Coherence Therapy is essentially an experiential approach- you wont get better by reading a book about it; but i think these type of questions can head you in the right direction. Use the drop-box for specific issues (there isnt one for chronic pain, but that doesnt matter as the principle is the same regardless of the issue).

James
Racer Posted - 06/02/2013 : 10:21:29
Thank you Dr. James & Ace.

On my second question, do you know how can we deal the "monopolizing" mind that happens whenever we get into an excited state to share the success story, verbally or in writing? Is this something common that you have seen with people having TMS?

For example, now I say that some of the EFT techniques are beginning to work for me with good results, having the fear that my mind will challenge me (just because I said it is working now) and what happens if it is not going to work next time.
Ace1 Posted - 06/01/2013 : 13:46:50
I agree with James on what he has said exactly. I do think however that your behavior affects your children down for generations unless you become the one taking the stand to change this (passed down strains).
Dr James Alexander Posted - 05/31/2013 : 17:54:31
Racer- interesting question, and i suppose the answer depends on one's mind-set. People more into esoterics and mysticism may suggest that karma is somehow passed on down the generations. Others of a more scientific mind-set might refer you to the study of epigenetics, which apparently demonstrates that genes can be switched on or off depending on experiences, and that the effects can be passed down for generations. My preference is for scientific explanations, but every time i internally start to poo-hoo the more esoteric explanations of phenomena, i have to remind myself that neither i or anyone else is in a position of total knowledge- beyond the basics, we are all just guessing. The topics which science is most knowledgable about (physical matter) constitutes around 4% of the universe. No one has much of a clue about the remaining 96%. I guess this opens up a range of possibilities. I consider myself a skeptic, but align this with being open minded in that i wont settle on an opinion (and therefore remain open to various possibilities) until i see some convincing evidence.

James
plum Posted - 05/31/2013 : 14:13:40
Balto, for many pagans, this is also true.

Racer, Jung said we all have a two million year old residing within us.
Superstitions. Suggestions. Juju. Win the lottery baby. Screw the neck pain.
balto Posted - 05/31/2013 : 10:33:22
if you are Buddhist or Hindu then Karma would explain lots of these infants tms/anxiety likes symptoms.

------------------------
No, I don't know everything. I'm just here to share my experience.
Racer Posted - 05/31/2013 : 07:28:30
quote:
Originally posted by dgreen97

Could this be that when you say these things internally you're worried that they're not true? I've had this similar superstition that if I admitted i was better than I would get worse afterwards. I saw this on tmswiki.org too where people were scared to share their recovery stories out of fear that the pain would come back.

I know these pains are benign. When we say a success story, telling to someone or posting in the forum, I guess the mind gets into some "excited" state, which it doesn't like. It tries to challenge the body back into a "grief" state.

When we practice TMS methods, we are not supposed to challenge the pain, however the mind keeps challenging the body again and again.
dgreen97 Posted - 05/31/2013 : 07:11:13
Could this be that when you say these things internally you're worried that they're not true? I've had this similar superstition that if I admitted i was better than I would get worse afterwards. I saw this on tmswiki.org too where people were scared to share their recovery stories out of fear that the pain would come back.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000