TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Help - Newbie

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ladyrat Posted - 03/26/2005 : 06:31:30
I read "Healing Back Pain" and my pain dissapeared. Now it's back with a vengeance and I can barely walk. I've read a couple of posts saying to just go on and do whatever you can to show yourself you're ok, but I just can't, it's far too painful. I haven't been fully examined physically, so maybe my brain isn't convinced that there's nothing wrong with my body. I just had an MRI yesterday and have yet to go back to my neurologist (whom I do not like) to get a diagnosis. My plan was to get whatever diagnosis the Dr. was going to give me and then just go to a TMS doc when I assured myself that there was nothing seriously wrong with me. However, I am very suggestible and fear that a diagnosis of a herniated disc or something will make TMS treatment impossible, that my brain will fixate on that physical deformity and not let my body let go of the pain. So I'm in limbo...I guess I really have to go back to the crappy neurologist to rule out anything serious before continuing on to TMS treatment. But I'm afraid...and angry!!!! Help...any words of encouragement and wisdom would be much appreciated.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
smth416 Posted - 03/26/2005 : 13:28:21
Lady, unfortunately you must have your test looked at and learn of their results. The reason for this? you must rule out any "real" sickness like Cancer. You have not desribed your pain, does it fit into probable TMS category. Does it move around, is it seemingly everywhere? If so a structural problem is highly unlikely. And don't even let a doctor tell you it's Fibromyalgia (muscle pain all over not attributed to structural problem) and if they do you will know right away if it's TMS.
The MRI can be your best freind or worst ememy. Be strong and know that knowledge killed your pain once and WILL kill it again. Take the fact that you are suggestible and use it against TMS, that is when your MRI comes back with a B.S herniation and the pain gets worse
you know that it is medically impossible for it to get worse in an instant- so it must be TMS.
Maybe don't go back to this Doctor. Ask to pick up the films and see somebody else or just read the report at home. Good Luck . -Al
almost there Posted - 03/26/2005 : 09:16:03
It is great that you read "Healing Back Pain" before you went for the dreaded MRI....you have approached this test armed with the knowledge that even though the results may describe several "irregularities"....most will be totally innocent and just part of the maturing process and the result of normal day to day living...remember the pain subsided after you first read HBP...if something were seriously wrong... do you think it would have stopped at all....your mind is strong and has your attention...fear keeps the symtoms going....be confident....you took this test to rule out anything grossly wrong....and as a pre-requisite to seeing the TMS physician.....if you think you even need to do this....re-read HBP and "Mindbody Prescription"....slowly....hi-lighting the lines that apply most directly to you...try to relax the painful area...take a few deep breaths and let the blood flow into this place....you can do this....it worked for me...the world's biggest skeptic....trust me....if I hadn't read HBP before my MRI....I would have gone over the edge when I read a copy of the report....everything in it was described by Dr. Sarno in his book as basically nothing....I dismissed it all....if I hadn't I probably wouldn't be able to do much of anything by now......keep in touch!

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000