TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 introduction

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jjs90 Posted - 03/14/2005 : 06:55:41
I'm at work and my back is on lock-down (it was fine this weekend) and I can't help but correlate most of my back pain to my high stress job (and my inability to handle it well). Impending (first) fatherhood (less than a month now) probably affects me physically as well.

My question is how do TMI suffers game plan when their pain returns. I watch Sarno's tape, breath into my back and try to identify my core stress (con/subcon). Is there another approach that others use effectively.

Many thanks,
john

js
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Stryder Posted - 03/14/2005 : 20:52:23
Hi JJS90,

Been there myself.

You are not alone. I completely "fell apart" TMS-wise 1 month before my 2nd daughter was born. My LBP was so bad I couldn't stand up for several days, I had an MRI, and a month of mis-prescribed PT, yada yada yada. It had to be an all time low in the midst of the joy of bring another little one into the world.

Chill, re-read the good Doctor's books, keep the TMS faith.

Take care, -Stryder
Baseball65 Posted - 03/14/2005 : 07:53:19
Hi JJS90

I have never seen the 'tapes' but I have had a complete recovery with 'Healing Back Pain'.I read the book and rephrase each statement as a question...a technique I learned in another field altogether...

Anyways,this never failed to end a relapse or attack that seemed to come out of nowhere...no matter how "physical" it seemed or felt.

Having a kid in a month is probably a HUGE constituent factor to this particular out break.My last "stand" so to speak ,was right after my second was born(my first 'chronic' condition was after #1)

It is pretty terrifying to the subconscious to be absolutely responsible for the well being and upbringing of another human being.Losing sexual attention from your wife,losing sleep,the fear of any little thing hurting your kid ,making him/her 'different' all contribute to huge amounts of fear and rage,which of course is all suppressed....you're supposed to be happy!! or at least that's what society dictates you are supposed to be.

Read,spend time with the 12 and THINK psychological...it's all there.

-out

Baseball65
tennis tom Posted - 03/14/2005 : 07:31:28
From your bio, you have had success by watching the Sarno tape(s). I would advise reading the books for a refresher on TMS theory. You seem to have made the connection between stress and psychogenic pain. Work on stategies to solve work place stressors. Good luck with the new baby. That should be a big distraction from from your TMS pain hopefully, rather than creating new pain. Catch up on your sleep, you won't be getting much when the baby arrives. You're "lucky" you live in NYC, if things get real bad you can always see Sarno.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000