TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Inability to burp and trapped gas

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Whoaday Posted - 01/01/2013 : 08:53:00
Hello all,

Most of my suffering is in the stomach. Since I was a child, along with the IBS diagnosis at age 9 I have NOT been able to burp! It is called I guess "dysfunction of the burp reflex, and they (doctors) don't know how to fix it. I have terrible trapped gas and wake with indigestion and stomach pain/ gas cramping EVERY.SINGLE.DAY which eventually gets better when I am able to pass gas. That's another issue I pass gas (when able) over 100-150 times a day with only 70 percent relief. No matter what I eat. No matter when I eat. I have had every test known to man endoscopy, barium swallow, with an without contrast CT and MRI and all they ever see is a large pocket of gas from
Below my lungs all the way to my lower stomach and I am
Constantly on pepto an other things. Does anyone know if this could be tms? I worry about auto immune cause it makes it difficult to swallow but of course every test I have ever had is normal! Belching is kinda gross but I would LOVE to get relief.

I feel like I'm the oddball but there are thousands on forums with the same issue, yet it's all desperation and no cures. Anyone have any thoughts? Happy New Year! May we all find health!

God Bless,

Brian

Whoaday
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bryan3000 Posted - 01/02/2013 : 01:36:31
Who,

For what it's worth I've had all of those symptoms including inability to burp and even sharp pains as a result. Tons of gas, IBS etc. Though for me it's fleeting but recurring.
It rotates with other symptoms. Had it since high school. My main issue is now anxiety/panic but I'm making progress. I agree on looking at your diet and trying probiotics, but I also know my IBS is a byproduct of stress and anxiety. I'm going to guess yours is as well.
susan828 Posted - 01/01/2013 : 20:51:59
Whoaday, I just wanted to comment on your taking that much Pepto. As you know, it has the same ingredient as aspirin that might be causing more irritation. I just had an endoscopy after taking Aleve for 2 weeks...GI doc showed me pictures. Luckily, it didn't cause an ulcer but enough irritation to give me the knifelike pain.

You say you have tried everything, I assume you went off lactose for a while to see if that was it, or wheat (GI docs call it the elimination diet, you try taking out something for a few weeks to see if tummy improves).

Probiotics can't hurt. I can't eat broccoli or cauliflower, wish I could but it gives me terrible gas pains. Anxiety can make you swallow air, but you probably know all this by now since you've been reading. Have you tried Beano or just plain simethicone?
Ace1 Posted - 01/01/2013 : 19:41:42
Yes definitely TMS

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000