TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Let me run this by ya'll to see what you think...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sylvia Posted - 12/22/2012 : 09:58:11
We have plans to move to Albuquerque from Tulsa when a position opens so that my husband can transfer. Move time could be within 2 months or 6 months, but can't really plan/pinpoint when right now.

I for sure want to get my first part time job in 25 years in ABQ. But now I feel I'm just waiting and waiting to get out of my customary and habitual life.

What do you think of me starting to apply for a part time job here in Tulsa so as to get my feet wet? I'd like to, but I wonder if I then look really bad for a part time job in ABQ if I haven't worked for decades, and then did for a short spell just to quite... So if you all can give me an opinion regarding this.

Also I feel "some pressure" as it has killed me over all these years to not earn a dime. Now approaching 50 I want to make really good money(full time) right off the bat. So these are a couple things I thought of...

Work for the post office
Work as a paratransit driver

Can you think of any more jobs I could get like this with a good income and benefits and very little schooling time to begin. I have around 3 years of college, but I'd like to not "finish it off" for a career in whatever---I want to earn MONEY since there are not a lot of work years left.

Thanks in advance

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eric watson Posted - 12/27/2012 : 10:22:03
quote:
Originally posted by Sylvia

Thanks LuvtoSew for the thoughts.

I have decided I'm going to be a DRIVER of some sort. Medical courier, auto parts, bakery, paratransit, city bus etc... Anything that I can start part time driving.

Why?

It is what I have PERFECT CONFIDENCE in my being able to do. 25 years of CFS has done quite the mindjob on me no doubt regarding thoughts of jobs and working. I was a realtor waitress salesman etc. I don't KNOW if I can do any of those at this point.

The story:
I was never able to drive far before. Then I decided I was the only one with the time to hit the road to explore possible places to move. My first trip was 6 hours. And I made it. Now this past 6 months, I drove from FL to move to Tulsa. THAT trip was the hardest of my life as I had my NONSTOP screaming Chihuahua. Talking STRESS talking symptoms! But I made it! Maybe a day longer than the average bear, but I did it.

So from here in Tulsa I drove to Temecula NM then next day to ABQ. On the way back I wanted to shoot for nonstop and I did it! Then from Tulsa to Cookeville TN, in one day. Then from there to Chattanooga, and after one night realizing that isn't the place I drove back home in one shot! Then 2 days to Pensacola and 2 days back.

So I KNOW I can drive. I've proven it. And that is just the CONFIDENCE I need to enter the work force without the huge amounts of what if fears. I can DO IT!

Oh, Albuquerque wins hands down as a permanent place to live. I am so looking forward to it.

Once I am up and working and then full-time, I will seek out someone who has built their wealth and can help me in decisions I need to make with money.

I am reading
http://www.amazon.com/The-Difference-Anyone-Prosper-Toughest/dp/0307407144/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1356621921&sr=8-2&keywords=the+difference

I am prepared to have a FANTASTIC second life. The first one blew chunks ha!

thanks for the update sylvia
Sylvia Posted - 12/27/2012 : 08:28:13
Thanks LuvtoSew for the thoughts.

I have decided I'm going to be a DRIVER of some sort. Medical courier, auto parts, bakery, paratransit, city bus etc... Anything that I can start part time driving.

Why?

It is what I have PERFECT CONFIDENCE in my being able to do. 25 years of CFS has done quite the mindjob on me no doubt regarding thoughts of jobs and working. I was a realtor waitress salesman etc. I don't KNOW if I can do any of those at this point.

The story:
I was never able to drive far before. Then I decided I was the only one with the time to hit the road to explore possible places to move. My first trip was 6 hours. And I made it. Now this past 6 months, I drove from FL to move to Tulsa. THAT trip was the hardest of my life as I had my NONSTOP screaming Chihuahua. Talking STRESS talking symptoms! But I made it! Maybe a day longer than the average bear, but I did it.

So from here in Tulsa I drove to Temecula NM then next day to ABQ. On the way back I wanted to shoot for nonstop and I did it! Then from Tulsa to Cookeville TN, in one day. Then from there to Chattanooga, and after one night realizing that isn't the place I drove back home in one shot! Then 2 days to Pensacola and 2 days back.

So I KNOW I can drive. I've proven it. And that is just the CONFIDENCE I need to enter the work force without the huge amounts of what if fears. I can DO IT!

Oh, Albuquerque wins hands down as a permanent place to live. I am so looking forward to it.

Once I am up and working and then full-time, I will seek out someone who has built their wealth and can help me in decisions I need to make with money.

I am reading
http://www.amazon.com/The-Difference-Anyone-Prosper-Toughest/dp/0307407144/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1356621921&sr=8-2&keywords=the+difference

I am prepared to have a FANTASTIC second life. The first one blew chunks ha!
LuvtoSew Posted - 12/24/2012 : 08:25:10
Yes there are a lot of part time jobs I think , many companies don't hire full time anymore. I think a personal aide is a good job, take people to dr. apts, shop for people, PS: I'm not talking Nurses Aides like bathing unless you would want to. I always thought the post office was going broke and laying off. A lot of people work two part time jobs so I wouldn't turn down a part time job that sounds good. Any job exp. is good.
Sylvia Posted - 12/23/2012 : 08:45:05
Thanks eric, I am baby stepping my way into my future. I guess I don't really need a long range plan...but I LIKE them. I want the purpose and goal of what I will be doing full time. I want to float toward that.

pspa, thanks, I didn't think of that! I can say we didn't know a position would open so quickly that we had to leave Tulsa. And yeah, feeling normal is IT. I can only go to so many zoo/Aquarium/mall/walks. Normal is working. So let me begin.

Hey tennis tom, I never thought of a personal assistant. I'm not too worried about the post office. Heck all the boomers are working later, but they ARE going to retire. And the post office jobs are growing at 18% so average as any other job. I did hold a real estate brokers license many moons ago. I want guaranteed money at this stage in life.

So if anyone wants to come up with more jobs for me I'm all ears.

Thanks folks!
tennis tom Posted - 12/22/2012 : 12:44:59
It's too late now but x-mas help like at a Crates & Barrel, if you're good they keep you on for a while longer. To make big money, real estate, but you'll need to get a license and that will take a while. If you're sharp, invest in the stock market, but I wouldn't buy anything over $10 a share in this market. Paratransit sounds like it could be personally rewarding if helping people with disabilities and you could maybe even do some TMS proselytizing, you'd have a captive audience on the bus. Since you have an education, personal asst. to the wealthy or busy execs, could make you maybe $25 an hour, but I don't know the pay scale where you are. Off-hand the PO sounds the least likely since they are bankrupt and some go "postal", which wouldn't help your TMS stress.

G'luck!
pspa123 Posted - 12/22/2012 : 12:05:31
My answer is on a much more mundane level than Eric's, but I would say if you think working part time is going to make you feel better about yourself, then I would definitely do it, I can't imagine how it could make you look bad. Your move would surely explain why you only worked a limited amount of time at the job.
eric watson Posted - 12/22/2012 : 10:38:33
(quote :sylvia)
What do you think of me starting to apply for a part time job here in Tulsa so as to get my feet wet? I'd like to, but I wonder if I then look really bad for a part time job in ABQ if I haven't worked for decades, and then did for a short spell just to quite... So if you all can give me an opinion regarding this.

were not supposed to be hurt, doubting and losing.we do have the power for change and in doing so we can truly live life

to the fullist..we just have to have that quantum focus on thinking in the now -accepting,releasing and re-framing-with conguency-
it takes a lot of practice - physically and mentally access your dreams ....

re-frame, live in the now-accept,be aware,visualize and actualize....
although i would say on the other side of the coin, you really shouldent worry- man am i gonna be able to do this? but if we accept that we can be ok (like claire weeks and steve ozanich knows how and there teachings say we can along with sarno)-its become an instant light of hope......

if you ever catch youself doubting-say to your self am i in a state of full acceptance of the daily reminders-my emotions,my perceptions and peace, and are my surroundings full of answers

thats a key just stepping over to the world full of answers and stay
its called the pyscological realm-
id bet on ya or any one 100 to one that your going to excell-
do you believe you are? i think so , you make the first step by announcing the topic-

do you have current stressors that are blocking you from the power of tms healing and living full knowledge therapy-

just a few dozen scenarios and you start to change.....
by just accepting you can learn to change any frame of your thoughts to good -its like majic

one stressor we have is (mentally believeing)-this is where you let go or release -let go of any doubt-come to a pinnacle in your life of acceptance- try when you are ready-its not hard-we create that thought with our thoughts-

but see -it has it has always been about dedication to pull this off
remember never give up-(use the cant hold me doun attitude-)

also the distress that comes with financial lack is debilitating but if you keep vour focus there -we get it
but if we keep our focus on always being in high demand- on time-in victory-in peace-then we get that

we become what we wanna be in shortness

but we have to break doun truths that weve only heard about in our lives-doubts like you cant do that

we can (change)-,mentally and we will and you will achieve the tangible- i agree it does come with the territory-the want to have these truths trans form our lives

(this system always holds oppisite of what we fear)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited by - eric watson on 12/22/2012

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000