TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 A Lot of New TMS in the Past Few Days

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jegol71 Posted - 12/17/2012 : 07:01:25
My heart goes out to Newtown, CT. May they find comfort, and understanding in the years to come about how their pain will manifest.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jegol71 Posted - 12/17/2012 : 10:12:31
Balto,

I have combed through the "why did he do it?" boilerplate that comes out after horrors such as these; while they tend to aggrandize/infame the killer, I found it interesting that this family allegedly poured hefty financial and emotional resource into psychological intervention for the boy. So, on paper for the pro/anti/extra/infra-gun control argumentatives, the "we gave him all the help we could" angle was maxed out.

As TMS people, we know it ain't that easy. My father was an intensive care physician and bioethicist on end-of-life care : "Dr. House" in training and comportment. He told me my problems were psychological, and I believed him. But many/all of my issues CAME from him, and were not resolved until the messenger was also seen to be the message.

I will not retrospectively err away from humanity to solve the killer's story, but I hope against the grain that kids (and moreso the adult parents subtextually teaching them how to be), can fight their own TMS battles at every moment to recognize the impact others have. It's not just bullying, but bullying + isolation. We know it as repression.

Unfortunately, social networking and its by-product, the evolution of self-importance, seem to be grist for the mill for staying the same as a society, or deteriorating on the humanism front. Shying away from self-indulgence to help others and stay present more often than not has to be considered a formal sort of heroism these days.

Man oh man.
andy64tms Posted - 12/17/2012 : 10:07:42
Our nation is in mourning over this tragedy, and the pains we feel are to the very depths of our souls and hearts. As you shed tears with me and cry this empathetic act will in turn release your own pain and suffering, and thus bring you hope, then happiness.

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Stopped Wiki Edu Program in lieu of own journalling
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years, is almost gone.
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
balto Posted - 12/17/2012 : 07:35:40
It is so tragic, my tms almost came back when I heard the news. I was at a lost explaining what happened there to my daughter.

We sometime too busy making money to provide our kids with material things. We forget kids need love and nurture and our TIME more than anything. When one feel love from loveones and support from people around him, the chance of anyone going mad is much smaller. May all the victims Rest in peace and the survivors can find hope to move on.

------------------------
No, I don't know everything. I'm just here to share my experience.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000