TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Symptoms left during surgery, there back!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mchan Posted - 12/13/2012 : 15:36:40
I had an elective abdominal surgery done 11 days ago, something I have been wanting for a long time but was not doing it because I thought I was "too sick". Well I did it and lo and behold ALL my joint pain went away, and my bladder symptoms got much much better, almost gone after surgery until day 9. I stopped taking the pain meds at day 2..and I was in a lot of pain in my tummy from surgery until about day 9. Then, at day 9 my tummy felt better and my bladder crap.. Interstitial cystitis "IC" has come back with a vengeance, putting me into suicide thoughts (JUST THOUGHTS) its so bad the last few days after everything I eat, even though the its the same stuff that did not cause pain in me before surgery. I am doing affirmations, healing codes (something I feel is working for releasing emotions), journaling and I listen to healing back pain over and over..and constantly research about mind body. I am also meditating when I can and working somewhat on Dr. Shubiners program. Anyway, my body is recovering fast from surgery, I MUST be healthy because I have no complications from the surgery.. this confirms its TMS, but does not make the pain in the moment make me want to find a gun and fast! Peeing every 15 minutes and feeling like somewhat has a match lit in your urethra..not a good exsistance. Then I started to think maybe it was the anesthesia that made my bladder feel better for all those days, my mind playing tricks on me. It HAS TO BE TMS!

Love Wins.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mchan Posted - 12/19/2012 : 09:34:27
Small update: 2 nights back I had one alcoholic drink. The next day my bladder was bothering me in a certain way that it normally does after I have a drink, *learned pain I now think. So I told myself all morning and day that it was TMS and there was nothing wrong, it was not the alcohol, it is my mind. Then around 2pm I walk into Target while just thinking about the TMS..and telling myself over and over my bladder pain was TMS...and the pain switches like someone turned a switch on..It stopped in my bladder and then my right foot started hurting really bad, I could hardly walk!!!! I released what was happening and told my brain, "No No No, we are NOT going here, there is NOTHING WRONG with my foot!!!!" I walked around on it for 15 minutes shopping and then it left! Then later that night my husband dropped a candle on my left foot and it hurt and I let out a swear word and guess what my RIGHT FOOT started hurting like it did it then store..I think because I got angry but not sure because I did not repress the anger. Anyway this is huge progress for me because I have NEVER had foot pain before!

Love Wins.
alix Posted - 12/15/2012 : 10:46:06
Fantastic. Please give us updates. I would be very interested to know if it is helpful.
And 80lbs is a real accomplishment. Congratulations.
mchan Posted - 12/14/2012 : 17:19:12
Thanks, I recorded a few affirmations and also the experiences of not feeling pain after surgery and after c-sections, on my Iphone. I will listen to it in the morning, during day, AND every night before bed! I just found another women who is 80% better with her bladder using mind body approaches..Funny I got SO excited when I found her story and I was certain it was my confirmation and then I became profoundly anxious..like a force went inside of my chest and squeezed it as hard as it could.. Must be my unconscious FEAR. Gotta loose that!

Love Wins.
alix Posted - 12/14/2012 : 11:25:45
I agree with balto. To conquer fear, mindfulness is really helpful. Just observe your fear without doing anything about it. How does the fear feels. How does it start etc... After a while doing such exercise, it should melt away.
alix Posted - 12/14/2012 : 10:36:53
mchan, this is the exact type of incident I used to get better. Use your paragraph that you just wrote above, maybe expand it to describe how you felt, how it cannot be the pain meds, that it is the mind, and read it over and over or listen to it on a recorded tape. Your unconscious mind gave you a strong hint here. That is very encouraging.
balto Posted - 12/14/2012 : 09:56:12
I think the pain and stress from the surgery is too strong and it hold all of your mind's attention, your mind was too busy it didn't have time to produce the tms pain you used to have. Now that the surgery's pain subside and the focus is back on tms/anxiety pain now, that's why you feel it again.

Try not to fear it Mchan, stop your fear and you will cut off it's fuel. Stop the fear and your body will automaticly reset itself back to "normal". Goodluck with the recovery.

------------------------
No, I don't know everything. I'm just here to share my experience.
mchan Posted - 12/14/2012 : 08:25:25
Alix: Its crazy because when I had my kids my c-section my bladder stuff also went away for 5 days after and I thought it was the pain meds, but now I know that was not true because I was only on narcotics for 2 days after this surgery and then switched to tylenol but my bladder was still better. Tylenol does nothing for my bladder, never has but my bladder remained happy until the pain from the tummy tuck got better. I am still in shock that my own body is causing me such a tremendous amount of pain, I feel like a prisoner in my own body. This gives me huge clues though that what I have is in fact mind body at least.

Love Wins.
mchan Posted - 12/14/2012 : 08:18:56
I had a tummy tuck. I had lost a significant amount of weight, 80 pounds and have kept it off for 4 years now. I had this very large piece of skin that could not go away through exercise. So, its gone now and I am thrilled with my results, but my bladder is now not happy.

Love Wins.
Ace1 Posted - 12/13/2012 : 20:09:06
May I ask what surgery did you have and for what? If this is personal, you don't have to answer, but it might shed some light onto why your TMS flared so bad. I actually think everything except trauma and infection is actually an equivalent of TMS
alix Posted - 12/13/2012 : 19:10:08
That is a classic TMS issue. I had also an unrelated surgery a few years ago and what you describe is word for word my experience.
The surgery is very disruptive and a strong temporary distraction. I remember the pain coming back minutes after removing my stitches 10 days after surgery.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000