TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Tailbone pain

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LuvtoSew Posted - 11/24/2012 : 12:46:55
Has anyone got rid of it or is it a lifetime thing? my doctors office did a xray and said it wasn't broke, but I read you can't tell by xrays. A chiro push hard on my butt, pushed it from behind while I as laying down 3 times, I told her she was a nut case and I coudn't barely sit for 6 months, now its just there on and off different levels of pain.

So has anyone overcome this.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LuvtoSew Posted - 12/24/2012 : 08:13:51
Well been sewing since I was 9 and I quit a few years ago, as I prefer to read more and get out more and I don't need many clothes anymore.

Yes I keep think structural, maybe cause I'm a retired RN and use to take care of a lot of back, knee, hip , feet , etc surgeries, yes orthopedic surgical floor is where I spent much time as a nurse, I'm ingrained to think physical I guesss.

I also for my mind's sake need to get any and all prolaspes ruled out.

But I also am trying to treat it the tms way and ignore it which is hard to do sometimes.

Happy Holidays to you too, a little to old for Santa's lap, ha ha.
tennis tom Posted - 12/23/2012 : 14:00:16
Hi LuvtoSew,

Glad your doc said nothing's broke. It took you almost a month to get back here, it makes me speculate on how you've been thinking in the meantime--TMS'ly or structurally?

It seems to me if your doc is competent, and let's hope he is, otherwise if you didn't think so, you would probably not still be seeing him, he would have ordered further testing. But, it sounds like you are driving this, wanting to get more reassurances that it isn't structural. Can't fault you for that, I've gotten enough second and third opinions myself.

At a certain point, when nothing can be found structurally, you need to attribute it to TMS/emotional origins. Your mentioning of your husband "getting your goat" is telling from a TMS point of view. Maybe their needs to be more dx'ing in this area too.

Why don't you sew anymore especially since your TMS board name is LuvtoSew?

Happy Holidays, hope your butt's not too sore to sit on Santa's lap.

==================================================

DR. SARNO'S 12 DAILY REMINDERS:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0dKBFwGR0g

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter
======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:
John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Here's a map of TMS practitioners from the old Tarpit Yoga site, (click on the map by state for listings).:
http://www.tarpityoga.com/2007_08_01_archive.html
LuvtoSew Posted - 12/23/2012 : 12:15:10
Tennis Tom, HI and thank you. I haven't sewn for a few years now, but of course my huband gets my goat now and then.

Well several months ago the Dr. did a xray and said not broke, so
I continued to exercise and it just has continued to hurt. Getting a colonscopy soon so I have an apt Fri, and make sure nothing else is going on medically, prolapsed rectum or bladder or vagina.

if not I think I'll ask for a mri of it, as xays might not show. I hate to do that, but I can't afford not to exercise as my lungs and bones need it , a woman my age with history of smoking.

This tailbone pain is a pain in the Butt!!
Racer Posted - 11/29/2012 : 06:49:31
quote:
Originally posted by andy64tms

Hi Racer,
I’m so very glad to see you are doing well.

Andy

Thank You Andy.

LuvtoSew,

Back to the topic. Though I'm still new to this forum, a miniscule thought. Besides reading the books, I do read this forum in reverse from back to front (350+ pages). There are quite a few valuable posts that makes lot of sense. I try keep registering the important posts as instructions in my mind, and whenever a TMS is about to start, I start practicing it. I could visually feel the pain dissipate gradually and completely vanish within few minutes.

I'm sure you will do better in managing this pain. Good Luck to you.
andy64tms Posted - 11/27/2012 : 16:50:07
Hi Racer,
I’m so very glad to see you are doing well.

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Back on Wiki Edu Program day 15
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years. (to be evicted later.)
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
tennis tom Posted - 11/27/2012 : 08:52:50
quote:
Originally posted by LuvtoSew

Thank you all for the words of encouragement. I've had many injuries in my life and they all healed so this must of also. I think this must be tms as well as my other muscle problems.

Yup, TMS most likely. If your imaging doesn't show anything, you likly don't have anything cracked. The chiro couldn't have pushed that hard to break anything, that was probably your TMS physical trigger. My dad's wife broke her ass doing something stupid, I drove her to the ER, took images, said she had a crack in her pelvis, no casts for that, let it heal on it's own, take pain-killers. A month later she was as strong as an ox and back to kicking the door-opener with her foot at the independent living ranch as usual.

Like I said, probably don't go to a Rolfer, you delicate flower. I remember in one of your posts you open up about how unhappy you were in your married life and that you retreated to your sewing room to soothe your rage--any changes there? My apololgies if I mixed you up with somebody else here, everyone on a message board looks pretty much alike, unless they use colored or unusual typing fonts which for some reason doesn't happen here much--there was one lady who messaged in purple, it was a little hard to read but she had good TMS things to say and I think was a patient of Dr. Sarno's in the flesh.

DR. SARNO'S 12 DAILY REMINDERS:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0dKBFwGR0g

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter
======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:
John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Here's a map of TMS practitioners from the old Tarpit Yoga site, (click on the map by state for listings).:
http://www.tarpityoga.com/2007_08_01_archive.html
LuvtoSew Posted - 11/27/2012 : 07:14:01
Thank you all for the words of encouragement. I've had many injuries in my life and they all healed so this must of also. I think this must be tms as well as my other muscle problems.
Racer Posted - 11/27/2012 : 03:38:37
quote:

Has anyone got rid of it or is it a lifetime thing? my doctors office did a xray and said it wasn't broke, but I read you can't tell by xrays. A chiro push hard on my butt, pushed it from behind while I as laying down 3 times, I told her she was a nut case and I coudn't barely sit for 6 months, now its just there on and off different levels of pain.

Hi LuvtoSew,

As part of my pelvic pain, I had this pain. My chiro was telling it is Coccydynia or RSI, asking me to use the donut cushion. However, the repeated MRIs revealed nothing wrong with my coccyx.

Now, though I deal with other pains and still in learning and realization phase of TMS, believe me this coccyx pain is gone, almost 99% (pain free).

Dr. Sarnos's books and the valuable posts in various topics in this TMS forum is the only source of help for me.
balto Posted - 11/26/2012 : 17:05:02
quote:

now its just there on and off different levels of pain.

I had this and deal with it just like I did with my tms and it gone. I think your probably is tms too because with real physical injury the pain don't appear and disappear, it would be there constantly.

------------------------
No, I don't know everything. I'm just here to share my experience.
LuvtoSew Posted - 11/25/2012 : 09:15:59
Thank you, and yes its been a few years now, at times its worst, I did read Sarno's and am rereading it and just order Steve O's book as I hear that is good. I am continuing to so my stretching exercises, or just my regualar ones I've always been doing, and walking on my treadmill.

I know ice skaters get lots of tailbone injuries but they heal. I'm sure many have broken tailbones that don't bother them, as they have fallen a lot learning ya know. So I keep thinking about them and it helps.
Carrie Posted - 11/24/2012 : 18:27:43
LuvtoSew--You didn't mention trying Dr. Sarno's philosophy for healing your tailbone pain, but you are noticing something. If the pain is becoming less frequent and less intense, you are allowing the pain to subside over time--and it will continue to subside.

I have had two tailbone injuries, several decades apart, and each time there were a few weeks of discomfort. The most recent time I modified some of my workouts at the gym but continued going. I didn't stop my weekly mountain hikes but kept my routine, more or less ignoring my tailbone. Suddenly I realized I had no pain.

With a long lifetime of TMS pain behind me (some involving surgery, some just finally going away only to appear someplace else), I continue to have annoying bouts of pain which I quickly acknowledge as manifestations of some emotional upset going on or a current stressful period, and they almost immediately disappear--toes that sometimes cramp up in shoes I wear often, a headache coming on, etc.

I'm a believer because I have successfully applied TMS thinking for restless leg syndrome and severe knee pain and was "cured" without pills, therapy or surgery.

Wish I could convince my loved ones to sincerely try Dr. Sarno's principles, but I have given up and watch them go for their knee or hip replacements or rotator cuff surgeries.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000