TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Sugar = pain med

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mchan Posted - 10/07/2012 : 18:28:36
So I wanted to put this info out there for anyone who may have this but have not noticed it. Just a bit of my story. My very worst pain is my bladder, interstitial cystitis. I do have many other mind body manifestations though. Since I have been having these issues, 7 years… I have noticed eating sweet things takes away my worst pain in my bladder for a few hours after eating it, takes my pain level from a 10 to a 3. Interesting because I had a very bad refined sugar addiction in my past. I was abused as a child and my Mom would lock me in the bathroom with candy bars while my dad abused her in the next room. So, I would sit with my candy in the bathroom and in the background hear my Mom being abused by my Dad. I remember only feeling happy as a child while eating sugar. I was neglected but sugar made me feel good. Well, I developed a bad addiction to it of course. I have noticed through the years a HUGE CLUE that my issues in bladder are mind body, is that SUGAR acts like a pain med for me. When I do not eat it at all I get severe pain. I get rage, I get anxious, I get irritable, I get crazy! I finally beat my white sugar addiction (wanted to beat it due to it being bad for health and inflammation) but I have noticed honey and agave and healthier sweeteners can produce the same effect in me.

I talked to Dr. Stracks a bit about it this week and he agreed with me, I feel like I have my unconscious little girl stuck in my bladder and she is very angry at the unkind world she lived in, and then with this bladder disease I also get a lot of unkindness about it because not many people have heard of it. All the unkindness makes her even madder. So, she uses Sugar and sweet things as her comfort. I had no friends, no not even one when I was a child. So, sugar was my friend, my parent, my God. Now, it’s my pain relief.

For many years I thought sugar was feeding the yeast overgrowth the natural docs made me believe I had, and that’s why it was helping my symptoms. Then, I started to realize that made no sense. I now truly believe my bladder is manifesting the rage and wants to be comforted and is still wanting sugar to do it, so it “rewards me” when I give in and eat sweets. I do feel worse though when the effect wears off. Its like my central nervous system is using it as a pain med. This is not healthy, to eat so many sweets. Mind body or not there is something to health and eating well.

I am just figuring this all out now and not healed yet but I think I need to train my little girl in my bladder to have new healthy coping, without so much sugar and she needs to be heard and known, and she needs kindness and love that she never got. Until she gets that, she will give me rage until she gets her “fix”. So it is a bit more complex than this, but I wanted to share this story in hopes of helping someone who may relate but not fully understand. The healthier I eat, the worse my symptoms. I thought it was insane before, now it makes total sense with Mind body. I feel like Finally after 7 years of chasing strange diagnoses such as leaky gut syndrome, I have my REAL answer. I have a PISSED OFF little girl in my bladder and body, and she needs help and I need to figure out how to give that to her without sweets…
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mchan Posted - 10/11/2012 : 09:11:43
SteveO: I had a question for you if you come back to this forum message. Do you think I should not eat any sweets then, because I use it for mind body? I have not eaten anything sweet in a few days and I feel tons of rage towards my husband for wanting to be intimate (this always happens when I do not eat sweets, I get very angry at my husband in particular). When I do eat sweets my rage is manageable even non existent, but when I take it away, I feel it very strong. So do you think I should give up sweets to stop allowing my brain to have it as a comfort?
mchan Posted - 10/08/2012 : 10:41:03
Also I wanted to add one thing, I surveyed 10 other women I know with IC and none of them agreed with me, meaning none of them said sugar helps there pain, so I know I have conditioned myself somehow.
mchan Posted - 10/08/2012 : 10:36:44
I tried bottles of D-Mannose for my condition out of desperation years back, never helped. That only helps people who have bladder infection, IC is not an infection. If someones IC is caused by an infection it can help them though.
mala Posted - 10/08/2012 : 01:06:36
I think there may be a physical explanation for why u feel better when you eat something sweet.

D mannose is a simple sugar which is effective for treating yr condition.

Have a look at this link

http://tahomaclinicblog.com/d-mannose-for-bladder-and-kidney-infections/

Good luck

Mala

Honestly, I sometimes really get fed up with my subconscious. It's like it's got a mind of its own.

Alexei Sayle
SteveO Posted - 10/07/2012 : 22:55:23

This is interesting and sad. I don't know how anyone could abuse a child. Hell awaits thee.

The sugar, or treat, is your pain, your distraction. Think of the sweets as back pain. We know that when the mind gets overwhelmed with emotions too powerful to handle, that it needs something to latch onto, and normally wanders to the body by creating a pain or unpleasant symptom. But there are equivalents such as binge eating, gambling,promiscuity, etc..things that soothe the self and take the mind away from the problems. Foci.

Binge eating is one that soothes the mindbody and calms it. But if you add the candy as a distraction from the tension/abuse, and then as it gets addicted to the energy from the sugar, you get a sugar-pain-med just like you described.

The mindbody craves both fats and sugars because they're the most easily converted to energy. The body loves energy because energy is life. So fats and sugars get converted to energy quickly, and are craved because the brain loves the energy.

If you add the good feeling of the energy to the memories of distraction that you once needed, it makes sense that your body would be conditioned to respond positively to sugars.

Like Pavlov's bell, the treat reminds your brain of soothing and energy. It also provides you with a distraction from your emotional base. Viola, a sugar pain pill. The symptom imperative in play as your brain shifts from body symptom to treat.

I remember when I had interstitial cystitis badly, it often reduced my back pain. It is TMS and will be healed if you get to work.

A lady emailed me this week that her back pain disappeared when she twisted her ankle last week. If the mind has something new to latch onto it will shift. It doesn't have to shift to body, it can shift to food, or germs, or anything else. It simply needs any focus away from anxiety. The more powerful and threatening the emotions, the more potent the distraction needed to counter it.

Steve

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000