TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Why Journaling May Help with TMS

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tcherie Posted - 10/05/2012 : 10:57:54
I am writing this from my perspective, and what I am currently experiencing.

My TMS has been retriggered because I am under a lot of stress. For me that has resulted in obssessive thoughts and anxiety. While I am doing better by not dwelling on the fear, I still wake up with the same concerns and throughout the course of the day will still be overcome by my anxiety.

I feel that is because I am trapped in my stress. I have had multiple deadlines to meet in the course of four weeks. I feel generally exhausted. I feel the need to express how I feel, but I can't fully. While I can say how I am feeling to close friends, they may not fully understand. Also, I have other feelings that I do not wish to share with others, but I know I have internalized over the course of many years.

Maybe for others like myself, journaling will help. I can't do anything about the stress right now. I really don't have time to do activities which I enjoy until I meet these deadlines. Journaling I think at this point will help as a reminder that I recognize that my fears and any physical discomfort is TMS because I am shifting the focus away from the fear and more on what is triggering all these negative feelings to arise. I feel like its the only outlet I currently have. I know that if I could really talk to someone about how I feel about things in the past and present I would get very emotional. But I can't. I feel stuck. Journaling seems like an outlet for individuals like myself to shift the attention from the physical and reinforce to your brain that you know what it is doing.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eric watson Posted - 10/06/2012 : 12:40:29
Hey stayfit65 hope your having a great weekend-what is the name of the book that has given you more to journal about -wouldnt mind checking it out myself-i remember when i was a kid and it seemed like every girl i knew-(i have (6) six sisters)had a Dairy-i believe my sisters mostly journaled about good things but i assume their was a lot of pain there too.it seems to have went out of style as the yrs have passsed-in the past i have journaled for yrs-as a young man i would here about all the presidents and philosophers journaling and it inspired me to write.i remember writing poems and short stories that really helped me vent but i didnt have direction then.now knowing about how journaling can help me heal has opened up a whole new path for me to venture.like i said in the other post ill always try to end on a good note but i also write down all the positives from the day too.its sorta like good affirmations when i read back over my journal .-and from where i started to where i am now is phenominal when i look back-while journaling also from time to time ill have that uh huh moment and i can actually feel tension release-some things that i am conscious of and never did i think i had repressed -when i hit on the subject its like there it was right in my face but until i journaled little did i know how much of that subject had i repressed-thanks stayfit65 and tcherie i really believe this is a great topic to discuss
stayfit65 Posted - 10/06/2012 : 06:18:16
I started getting more serious with journaling my TRUE feelings in the last week, and the pain really started changing...I feel like I am now breaking the cycle. I don't really have a family member I can vent to anymore. I had my mother in the past, and I felt she fully understood me, but she has passed and I was feeling helpless for a very long time. My dear hubby always wants to "fix" things, and that is not what I need. So I found a book that gives a lot of prompts for what to journal about. I feel like this is an important step for me to journal EVERY DAY and really think about the day and my feelings about things that occurred. I sure hope this helps.
eric watson Posted - 10/05/2012 : 16:10:33
I feel the need to express how i feel all the time......

yes journalimg has helped me too in these moments of time when it was hard for anyone else to understand,(and i usually dont like talking to family members about it) even if they said they understood i could tell they were just trying to be polite-journaling is a very important part of sarnos method-i know your in the right direction tcherie....i know it will help and as time goes by and you get to feeling less stressed ..let us know the next step you made ...its like when i get to journaling ill eventually add other theorys that just add icing on the cake-i wish you the best tcherie-i just know your onto the right diection ...i know one thing i do when i journal is after ive let it all out then ill try and write doun a solution...sorta ending it on a good note...it gives me a reason to go back and read my journal later and mostly ill find that the anxiety healed just the way i thought....god bless

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000