TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Lucky

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Baseball65 Posted - 10/02/2012 : 07:27:08
The one thing I have learned well is that you can NOT diagnose, help or treat another person with TMS... No Matter How obvious the cause, symptom, or incongruities of their experience.
You can only be quiet and pay attention to your own. Share your experience and be compassionate.... remember when you didn't get it, and contemplate the truth that you still might not... or ever.

God I hate my job.
God Damn! I feel alone.
Man oh man am I Pissed off.
Boy, am I lucky.

Miss Ya'all
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
andy64tms Posted - 10/04/2012 : 14:51:58
Hi Eric,

I have to add that challenging your pain is not mainstream TMS theory. SteveO and Ace1 have both commented that you should not stretch against pain, for example, as it could be seen as fighting / challenging or pandering to it. This has always been a hard area for me, and like many other TMS issues I feel very much alone in my thinking. We all have to decide within ourselves.

However my comments above are as true as the sky is blue.

Good Luck with your decisions

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Back on Wiki Edu Program day 15
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years. (to be evicted later.)
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
andy64tms Posted - 10/03/2012 : 18:35:22
Hi Eric,

You ask what I did in 2000 to overcome my lower backpain?

I simply ran against it full force while planting the idea in my head that it was not structural, and not pain from buldging discs. I tested Dr. Sarnos theory literally. I was challenging my pain, yes, but the main thing was the thought process going on in my head. I was also over coming the fear of pain. That deep fear of pain that incapitates you has gone! I have only had it once or twice since then. I've learnt since then that only about 20% have a recovery of this kind, John Stossel being one of them.

This success is the anchor and affirmation that I use when dealing with the current complexities of TMS. I just believe and know first hand this event took place, I am very lucky.

Where am I now? My pain moved to my neck, and has been there for many years. I don't think about it much now it has become a minor issue. I feel I am doing great, and working on other issues centered mainly around being somewhat of a perfectionist for 50 odd years. It's not so bad and has some a very amusing angles to it.

Andy
Back on Wiki Edu Program day 15
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
eric watson Posted - 10/03/2012 : 18:09:17
Thanks andy64tms i will be writing you soon about some things if you dont mind-i plan to spread the word about the good work from sarno to steveo to all the docs tt,mala,balto,hillbilly,ace1 and you too my friend-it seems like i learn something new everyday and i have been a fan of your post 2.what is your cure-is it a combination -was the fear the final barrier or acceptance-any reply would be highly appreciated-i want to help because it feels good and i can feel tension re-lease when im able 2-the more we know my friend -the more we can help.i was reading the divided mind this morning p.351-dr sophers chapter and he said accurate thinking means understanding how psycolgical factors effect our physiology.only when we understand this can we truly heal ourselves.......

i believe this is correlating pain with stress....

like to hear back andy 64tms ...thanks again

also i find it hard sometimes for my sister to understand tms baseball65 so im to the point that im waiting on her to ask me-i told her that it would have to become second nature to her and finding a way to read the forum and steveos and sarnos book would be the best way for her to receive her healing.....

my wife on the other hand listens and has a photograpic mind -even tho she doesnt read much-just by what i discuss with her ,it would seem like she has read and studied more than myself-she soaks it up like a sponge and understands great-god bless
andy64tms Posted - 10/03/2012 : 16:40:42
Hi Baseball65,

I have to admit I do diagnose people when they start discussing their pain, surgeries and addiction to the medical profession. When there is a pause I usually ask. “Were you under any stress at this time?” An avalanche of emotional issues they have experienced usually follows. I find it hard to believe they cannot correlate their pain with stress. I end with a brief story about how stress caused my back ache and how I cured it. I don’t mention TMS of course- much too complicated; I just try and pass on some hope.

Hi Eric, we haven’t chatted, but I have read most of your posts. I am a newbie like you, and had a similar lone experience with TMS and a back problem in 2000. Things were less complicated then. Our paths were running, parallel as I also contacted the one and only TMS Dr. in LA, this was Dr. Schechter I believe. I did not see him - money was short at the time. My success story explains why I am back. Keep posting, I like your enthusiasm It’s refreshing.

Andy
Back on Wiki Edu Program day 12
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
eric watson Posted - 10/03/2012 : 14:37:17
Thanks tt,your always appeciated my friend-and thanks baseball65 i get what you said,saving to my memory file and tennis tom your post have also been wonderful in my journey-thanks for all your efforts-their pricless
Baseball65 Posted - 10/03/2012 : 06:54:35
Hi Eric
Advice is a dangerous gift.

From time to time, I'll have a little 'issue'. Whenever I become aware that it is TMS, I start looking really close to the bone.... Family, Work, Friends. It's always been less complicated than I imagined. When I find the offending anger (that I'm ignoring) I have to acknowledge it

Sometimes I DON'T find it, even though I know it's there. Then I just borrow one of my old resentments, no matter how inert or foolish, and use it as a mantra. Pretty Childish, but it's worked for a decade or so... who knows? maybe one day I'll become a dynamic complicated human being!

But for now I'm still fighty-flighty-vain and petty me.

The answer is always inside. I just don't always want to know it for some reason???
tennis tom Posted - 10/02/2012 : 21:37:52
E.W., FYI, if you click on Baseball's name, it will take you to his "Profile" where you can access all of Baseball's archived posts. He's a very entertaining writer and knows his TMS stuff. If you have any problem accessing his posts, let us know and we'll help you.

Cheers
eric watson Posted - 10/02/2012 : 18:10:43
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY!
When I went through the book in'99 there was NO sarno forums or support groups.I had to face a lot of those nagging doubts alone.I almost contacted the one TMS Dr. In LA,but I re-read the book and the symptoms were gone by the time I was nearing the appointment,so I canceled.
I know I'm new,but I started my own little chain of friends on Sarnos' program so I've had a many a detailed discussion.EVERY single friend I've turned on to Sarno has recovered COMPLETELY,every man,every woman.
Of course I've had a number of problems since,but NO (zero) ZILCH nada pain.Oh...every now and again (every 18months?) I'll have an "incident"...I just schlep out the book(it's Battered and footnoted everywhere) and do a review...the pains usually gone in a day to a week.
I'm actually listed as disabled by the state of California.
I had herniated discs,A congenital birth defect(My L5-S1 are one unformed piece..I have one less disc than you) narrowing of the spinal canal,my left leg is 1.25" longer than my right,etc,etc,etc.
I play Mens Hardball/baseball..I led my team in steals,batting average and runs last year.I've been drilled in the spine with an 80MPH pitch,fallen end over end in a bicycle accident,Had a 800-1000lb wall collapse on me....never went back to the way I was...the episodes were always limited to the normal recovery time from the trauma(a week).
I've spoken of sarno on other forums,but most people just scoff or laugh....it's like the "voice of one ,crying in the wilderness"
I'm so excited that there are finally TMS forums.I can maybe finally be useful to other sufferers....I feel like it's the least I can do for Dr Sarno....I've never met him,but the man saved my life!!
Thanks for having this forum

Marc R. aka Baseball65

Baseball65.....
every thing you have said in this post and the latter is awesome baseball 65 -id love to haer your wisdom again as time goes by-your full of knowledge and if you dont mind i would love to ask you questions time to time-im about 95% now and have that last hurdle-any good advice

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000