TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 pelvic symptoms, struggling with TMS process

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
meluveitie Posted - 08/31/2012 : 11:50:38
Hello. I've been aware of TMS and trying to incorporate it into my life for about a year now, but am having trouble making any gains from it. I read Dr. Sarno's Mindbody Prescription and was hoping like some people my pain would go away just from reading it (which it didn't). By doctors, I've been diagnosed with vulvodynia/pudendal neuralgia/sciatica/pelvic pain/pelvic floor dysfunction/vaginismus/blah blah blah.

I'm still in a ways struggling with accepting the TMS diagnosis for the following reasons:
1.) I have suffered with anxiety and depression my entire life, and only started experiencing really bad pain (pelvic pain/vulvodynia/sciatica) in the last 4 years. I experience other TMS-like symptoms prior (e.g. heartburn, insomnia, etc.) but nothing pain-related until 2008. In this sense, I feel like then I've always thought "psychologically" (if I'm suffering from anxiety and depression) so am having trouble accepting that TMS could be my issue. I am also aware of many of my issues from childhood, family dysfunctions, relationship problems, you name it (have been in therapy a year and am very introspective)... but still experience pain.
2.) I'm not afraid of exercise until I started getting really bad pain from it. My pain is somewhat tolerable so I go forward with excercise/yoga anyway, and experience horrible pelvic and bladder pain after every time. I'm having trouble accepting TMS is the problem if exercise always exacerbates my pain. Shouldn't using exercise be a way of "facing the pain" and not being scared of it?

Any feedback or insight from others would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LuvtoSew Posted - 12/23/2012 : 12:40:55
I wonder if that is what I have and the right front leg is always tight as well as the tailbone area,

I got the Great Pain Deception and yes it is good, and almost half way done with it.
lara Posted - 09/02/2012 : 21:41:04
Welcome to the pudendal neuralgia caused by tms.
I will send you an email.

Lara
meluveitie Posted - 09/01/2012 : 20:23:05
thank you Tom and Stayfit for your responses. I wish mine only lasted 20 minutes, but they last for weeks. It makes it really scary to exercise cause my body doesn't rebound until weeks later. Not sure of that is TMS or not.

Tom, I ordered that Pain Deception book yesterday; hopefully can get some new insights, thank you for suggesting it.
stayfit65 Posted - 09/01/2012 : 09:35:01
I get spasms in my pelvic floor sometimes after exercise. It usually lasts about 20 minutes and then it disappears. I just take some Advil to head it off. I do a lot of slow breathing and that seems to help. Hot showers, too. I have had these off and on for about 15 years, but I never worry about them because they never have gotten any worse and I figure by now something would have shown on my annual exam. I hope it helps to know someone else has had these symptoms for years and nothing has ever shown up on any ultrasound, so I just dismiss it and attribute it to tension. I hope you feel better.
tennis tom Posted - 08/31/2012 : 13:51:44
Hi, I'm on a road trip so can't give you a fully considered reply, but if you haven't gotten SteveoO's new TMS book, "THE GREAT PAIN DECEPTION", I would strongly recommend reading it. He suffered with TMS almost his whole life and had it to the EXTREME in mid-life. I'm about half way through and have gained great hope and with hope comes improvement. I feel those who get the "book cure" from reading Dr. Sarno's books are not atypical and those who were cured by seeing Dr. Sarno, benefited from a powerful placebo effect by seeing the BIG MAN in person. It has taken many of us all our lives to create the thought patterns that give us TMS, so it may take a little while to repattern and recondition our thoughts.

G'luck

==================================================

DR. SARNO'S 12 DAILY REMINDERS:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0dKBFwGR0g

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter
======================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Here's a map of TMS practitioners from the old Tarpit Yoga site, (click on the map by state for listings).:
http://www.tarpityoga.com/2007_08_01_archive.html

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000