TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 is it the digging into the repressed rage

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
healingback Posted - 04/17/2011 : 11:10:36
Or is it just excepting that its emotional and moving on with life, ingnoring the pain, challenge it, intill such time as it just gives up the game and gets bored and just goes.

A few days ago my back made a huge cracking noise in my si joint (my symptoms area) since then all the physical stuff has crept back on, the pain has increased, the fear has increased, my focus is completely back on my back, and I'm furious with myself, I've worked very hard to stop thinking physical and now I'm right back there.

I've been looking at the success stories, and my question is how many of you that have recovered actually did drudging up your repressed emotions? Did you have to deal with them, or was your success just accepting that it was emotionally based, and moved on with your life, and then the symtoms just faded away... I've been reading monte posts and this seems to be his point.. the constantly tying to find out what your repressing is just keeping us focused on the tms, on the pain, and that's what it wants... maybe if I'm always thinking how to get rid of it I'm always being kept distracted... being a all or nothing person, I want to get it right,perfect, and now... thoughts?

This to shall pass....
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Back2-It Posted - 04/17/2011 : 12:17:44
HB....

First, read Darko over and over again. It's good advice.

I don't know if we can dredge up the exact right repressed thing that is causing the pain.

I am not cured, but I can speak to the idea that I did some homework to see what in my past might be a problem, decided what it was, and further traced it to my current life existence. Like the lily pads on the surface; they are not showing the roots of the problems. But each lily pad is a problem or stressor with roots I cannot see. So I go about cutting and trimming those lily pads (the current stressors) and yanking them up and getting rid of them. When the pond is smooth then a lot of the things that got me to pain will be gone.

Regarding getting it perfect. Getting anything perfect is not possible. Tennis Tom said to me that what I complained about my stiffness on my side and that I wanted it gone, pointed out that perfection is a problem that leads to TMS.

But I really do believe that those who make a commitment to get on with their lives and accept the pain have the most success.

You will see those who have come back and repeat it in various ways.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000