TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Burning Mouth HELP

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
shannclapp Posted - 04/15/2011 : 15:22:31
I am fairly new to this TMS, i have for yrs had facial pain and then I discovered TMS and knew it was me. I felt a quick relief and then bamn I had dental & gum pain, it has been like 2 or 3 months. I am panicked and now my mouth and tounge and gums are burning. I need advice, i know this is my personality I just cant make it stop, instead it has only gotton worse. To note I am in a very stressful situation, I am buying a second home, renting my current home, trying to get two mortgages, rent my house and build the new one. very very stressful so how can I relax my inner child with all of this going on.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
shannclapp Posted - 04/16/2011 : 06:06:00
I guess my facial pain temporaily cleared up after reading about tms then i got chronic tooth & gum pain, now the mouth thing. I cant seem to convinve myself these could be casued by TMS as easily as I did with the facial pain. Having such a hard time
shannclapp Posted - 04/16/2011 : 05:56:11
OK I have been to the Dr/Dentist scans, x rays etc. My question is could this type of issure, mouth, tooth & gum pain be TMS?
If so how well can I do any treatment under such a stressfuls situation that I can nto change?
Susan, DO you beleive your issues are TMS?
art Posted - 04/15/2011 : 22:29:42
Unexplained pain that comes and goes with stress accompanied by intense fear and worry is almost always TMS.

See a competent physician/dentist. Rule out anything serious then commit to TMS self-treatment.

All my opinion naturally.
art Posted - 04/15/2011 : 19:50:23
Unexplained pain that comes and goes with stress accompanied by intense fear and worry is almost always TMS.

See a competent physician/dentist. Rule out anything serious then commit to TMS self-treatment.

All my opinion naturally.
susan828 Posted - 04/15/2011 : 19:11:33
Sure. Basically, a day doesn't go by where I don't have tooth pain. I have had a lot of dental work over the years but this pain is never traced to anything. I go to the dentist and they don't see anything on the x-ray. Some teeth are crowned so they can't see underneath it. So what's the solution, remove every crown and look for decay? This would run into an insane amount of money.

The oain comes and goes. Sometimes I think the nerve is dying but 15 years later, it's still there. I get burning in the gum between the teeth which is more of a neuralgia thing that a dental related thing. I spent $500 for a consultation and he told me it sounds like burning mouth syndrome and recommended Biotene. That stopped but occasionally it still burns in a certain area. I went to a neurologist twice who wanted to give me Tegretol or Neurontin. I know the side effects and would rather deal with the pain than walk around like a fuzzy zombie. I have had 2 brain MRIs. I know where every endodontist and oral surgeon is in case I have a real toothache. Sometimes it's my sinuses acting up and radiating to my teeth. Did your pain start after dental work?
shannclapp Posted - 04/15/2011 : 16:51:45
I read a little on burning mouth and that scares the crap out of me as well. Can you tell me more about your facial pain Susan? Do you still have it? That was the start of this whole nightmare for me, it made me fear MS, Cancer etc etc and then nothing was ever found BUT still hurts MMMMM.
What a mess.
susan828 Posted - 04/15/2011 : 16:36:07
I replied but the number still says 0.
susan828 Posted - 04/15/2011 : 16:28:33
I also have atypical facial pain. I was diagnosed with atypical odontalgia about 15 years ago following an extraction that left the area hurting for years (still acts up). You might want to look up "burning mouth syndrome". Is it TMS? I really don't know but I do know mine gets worse with stress. For the burning mouth, you could try Biotene mouthwash until you find out what's really going on, TMS or not. All I can say is try one of the programs, the books, whether Sarno or Schubiner (I am using Schubiner's book right now). Can't tell you if it has helped yet since I am only in my second week. Do pain killers like Advil help your pain?

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000