TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Begging to differ......semantics

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Baseball65 Posted - 01/07/2005 : 22:43:25
I just thought I'd post this,as I've read it in a number of posts and I wanted to give a Dissenting opinion on something.

Having TMS does NOT mean you are condemned to a life of intermittent pain...intermittent implies certain and predictable consistency,,.....and sounds like a schedule for pain.

I believe you can ABSOLUTELY banish the pain,and any minor(day or two per YEAR) would not qualify as intermittent or barometric...the barometer always has SOME pressure....I don't always have SOME pain...I rarely have any.

I think we need to be careful of the words we use,or some people who are recovering the first time might set their goals too low.

I know it's just semantics,but words like "intermittent" and "lifelong" and "barometric"don't sound too encouraging...when I bought HBP the cover said I could banish back pain FOREVER and that has always been my goal. Intermittent means off,on,off on,off off,on,on....to much on and not enough off.I journal,vent and pray to KEEP IT OFF!!

I haven't had a pain that lasted more than a couple of hours in over two years....I wouldn't call that intermittent,or a barometer or continuous,or any of the other low ceiling type of goal words I see.

I'm not trying to stir it up,but I've read it in a lot of posts,and I thought I'd remind the faithful that Sarno himself defines painfree as unrestricted activity,WITHOUT fear of a recurrent attack.It seems like some of the words and descriptions I've been reading might be scary to a newcomer implying he/she is vulnerable to an attack every time they get laid off,in a domestic squabble,move ,etc..promoting the physicophobia Sarno says we must overcome.

If you work hard and are persistent and diligent,focus on breaking the conditioning,refuting the structural,and personal discovery even after the resolution of the majority of your symptoms,the TMS will take its bat and ball and go home......it doesn't like losing.....TMS is a quitter....We're not!

AIM HIGH....ZERO PAIN!!

aaahhhh that feels better.

Baseball65

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000