TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Does the pain have to move around to be TMS?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sara Posted - 01/07/2005 : 10:00:06
Quick question here, does my pain have to move around to be considered TMS? I have basically taken the plunge and am trying to ignore the pain and be active again. My pain hasn't gotten terribly worse from activity so I do believe it is TMS, but it has always been in the same spots. I have never had a day withoust pain. Some days are worse than others, but in all the years it has never gone away or moved around. I know I am on the right track, but I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience.

Sara
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tunza Posted - 01/08/2005 : 20:27:15
Thanks Strdyer. Reading your response made me think that possibly for me because the catching in my joints is so noticeable that it was an excellent site for the pain to start.

But the catching is so dramatic that I also wonder if there's some way that TMS can effect tendons or muscles on one side of a joint (eg tighten one side up) and cause the instability that causes the locking and clunking and snapping. I can actually feel my shoulders semi-dislocating and my knees tracking up and down when I move.

It does sound far fetched but I've had so many TMS equivalents in my life that I'm afraid to try more physical therapy in case I end up thinking physically about ANY pains that occur.

I know that UK James found that the clunking in his back disappeared with the pain. I am going to print out his comment about this and put it on the wall since it fills me with such hope.

Hope this rambling makes sense.

Kat
Stryder Posted - 01/08/2005 : 19:12:50
Hi Kat,

Even though the pain from my TMD is much less, I still have residual clicking. So in my case there may be 2 parts of my TMD, one part TMS (the pain, tightness, clenching), and the other part physical (some sort of wearing out/aging of the joint) which is common.

Hope this helps.

-Stryder
Tunza Posted - 01/08/2005 : 03:15:50
Stryder can you tell me if you had jaw clicking with the TMD. If so did it go away when the pain did?

I'm asking because while I've had great success with hayfever and back pain I'm having doubts about my shoulder tendons and other tendons as they catch and can even lock and then painfully snap. This is more than just the "normal" popping etc of joints that everyone gets. If I try to ignore it and eg swim it gets really painful and to the point that I can't even move my arms in the arc needed to swim freestyle.

Thanks,

Kat

Stryder Posted - 01/07/2005 : 23:03:15
Hi Sara,

No, your pain does not have to move to be considered TMS. Some people have pain in one place, when they solved their TMS, the pain in just gone. In other people, the process of working TMS causes the brain to look for a new spot to set up shop.

I had undiagnosed TMS pain for 20 years on and off. For about 5 of those the pain was relentless. Its been about 18 months since I got on the TMS program and I'm 99% pain free now. I had mostly low back pain, but also had pain in other places and many of the TMS equivelants (IBS, migraine, tinnitus, TMD(TMJ)).

Take care, -Stryder
Albert Posted - 01/07/2005 : 11:22:38
Do you feel pain in the same spots all of the time? Or for each particular spot does it come and go.

A couple of weeks ago I believed that my pain originated from the ligament area right behind the spine area of my lower back, and other pain was a side effect or had another cause. I was feeling pain or discomfort in this ligament area almost constantly. After reading Sarno's book, I lost that belief, and now I rarely feel pain or discomfort in that one particular spot. It moves around to several spots that have had problems for quite some time. It no longer seems as if that one ligament area is the primary cause. I'm asking my unconscious mind, how do spots that seem to be so problematic at times, change to being spots that don't seem to have any problems at other times.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000