TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Every so often....a miracle!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Baseball65 Posted - 01/07/2005 : 09:28:42

As this entire board is aware of,we all go through our "evangelistic" phase after our recovery,tempered by a general failure and angering of others,and than a steady resolve to only mention it occasionally when we find someone to whom we think it might be helpful to.

As you all know,I just moved across country to Nashville,TN from LA,California.

I met a gentleman who lived in my complex here in TN.,who was from my very same neighborhood in California.I liked him right away,and we hung out a little before he left this complex I live in to buy a house up the street.Similar life dynamics,both musicians,tradesmen,etc.

At his sons B-day party,I saw hime keep clutching his back and doing the "stretches" we are all so familiar with. I asked if he had a back problem, and he affirmed it. I proceeded to give him the usual pitch,basically my own testimony ,that I read a book and was completely cured.

Well,he moved away,and I had not seen him for a couple of months.

I ran into him at the Bank on Wednesday. I had even forgot I told him about Sarno. He was completly convinced,and about 90% cured,telling me he now only occasionally has a little flutter that he laughs away(does kind of the gestalt thing like me)

He said that he thought I was full of ****,and was only being polite to me,until....and I always use this as a finishing touch...
I pulled up my shirt to show him the road map of scarring and Bumps and lumps sticking out of my spine!

He said that THAT was what made him curious....and he read the book,and you guys know the rest.He also told me that the night before he talked to me,his mother ,who is quite spiritual and metaphysical,had suggested that perhaps his pain was something he was "holding on to" for some reason.....and that he promptly sent her a nasty return e-mail!

I was shocked to see how emotionally and psychologically attuned he was after only a couple of months...his candidness was astounding....he saw the diagnosis and it's reality in virtually everything!

I told him of this forum,and I hope he shows up,but I just thought I'd share a recovery story to inspire,and remind all of us,that it is essential to READ the book and do the stuff.....the only thing he asked me was if I was still writing Music....he saw that as a mutual source of anger in both of our lives.....for a second I was awed that someone I had turned on to the deal only months before,could instantly dial into MY anger and resentment.

Every so often....a freakin' miracle!

-out

Baseball65
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Albert Posted - 01/07/2005 : 11:04:02
Make that baseball 65, not 56.
Laura Posted - 01/07/2005 : 10:39:29
What an inspiring story. Thanks for sharing!

Laura
Albert Posted - 01/07/2005 : 10:10:45
Awesome story. Since the medical community won't get on board with TMS theory, I guess it is up to success stories such as your self Baseball 56 to spread the word.

P.S. I'm a baseball fan too. Go Giants!

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000