TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Eyelid has been twitching for 2 weeks

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marytabby Posted - 02/17/2009 : 13:06:57
I have had a lot of success with TMS recovery and am doing well overall. I have had an annoying strong upper eyelid twitch in my right eyelid that is annoying the crap outta me. I've had it for 2 weeks now. 2 weeks too long. It's not painful. It's annoying as hell though. I'm trying to ignore it but it's there all day long. It's just one of those ridiculous symptom imperatives that won't give up its ploy. Besides self-talk, does anyone have any suggestions that I might try? Maybe I'm just needing a good old fashioned kick in the pants to get my brain to understand who's boss again.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gailnyc Posted - 07/05/2013 : 20:38:59
quote:
Originally posted by MatthewNJ

Yup. I had that symptom too. although not in a long while. An annoying symptom that is "driving you nuts" is just as distracting as pain. What is it trying to distract you from? I believe all our symptoms are messages not necessarily distractions. If we listen to and hear the message we can deal with the underlying "cause". My opinion is not to ignore it. sit with it. Observe it. don't try to judge it or fix it. See what comes up. Maybe an image of Mom, Dad, sister, brother, employer, spouse? Personally I don't like being ignored. It just makes me more annoyed. so, why ignore your body's message to you?

Great advice here.
eric watson Posted - 07/05/2013 : 19:53:05
marytabby my eyes have twitched , my right bicep is twitching now
ive had tons of twitches and thank god . I usually just tell it to stop and it does till I get my mind on something else, then ill tell it to stop again and it does, weird
it will go away though
although mattewnjs I think somatic experiencing is very good advice
MatthewNJ Posted - 07/05/2013 : 11:17:29
Yup. I had that symptom too. although not in a long while. An annoying symptom that is "driving you nuts" is just as distracting as pain. What is it trying to distract you from? I believe all our symptoms are messages not necessarily distractions. If we listen to and hear the message we can deal with the underlying "cause". My opinion is not to ignore it. sit with it. Observe it. don't try to judge it or fix it. See what comes up. Maybe an image of Mom, Dad, sister, brother, employer, spouse? Personally I don't like being ignored. It just makes me more annoyed. so, why ignore your body's message to you?

Good Luck

Matthew
Ferretsx3@comcast.net
--------------------
Less activated, more regulated and more resilient.
pan Posted - 07/04/2013 : 02:20:42
If you ever want a sure fire indication that your body is responding to stress an eyelid twitch is it. Mine twitched for the best part of 3 years and still comes back to say hello on a regular basis. I always find if I'm bust worrying about other seemingly more important body issues the eyelid twitch fades into the background and then stops.
cptusopp Posted - 07/04/2013 : 02:01:45
It is so comforting to hear this.
I recovered from TMS (headache daily, back ache, shoulder ache) a year back and few day my left eye (lower lid) would twitch non stop till now.. I have been ignoring it and telling myself it just TMS trying to distracting me...
justme Posted - 02/17/2009 : 18:54:41
Hi-

I had the twitching thing once also. I had a friend who also had it. It did go away. I really believe that the whole TMS thing is so intimately tied into our autonomic nervous systems. Eye twitching would definately be an autonomic response.

I feel confident in telling you I think it will definately go away soon.

Just Me
mk6283 Posted - 02/17/2009 : 13:17:02
Those kinds of twitches are easy. Once you are able to ignore them COMPLETELY and pay them ZERO attention, they stop. However, as long as you allow it to continue to annoy you, distract you, and/or worry you even in the slightest, it will persist (it will be serving its purpose). It is happening because you are stressed or worried about something, whether you are consciously aware of it or not. Recognize that, let it be, IGNORE IT (ITS NOTHING I PROMISE!!!), and it'll disappear soon. Been there, done that. Good luck!

Best,
MK

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000