TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Is Colitis TMS?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
renee Posted - 12/14/2004 : 18:59:44
I have been helped a great deal with the Tms thinking. My mom also suffers several health related proplems. Currently, she is having intestinal upset and diagnosed with colitis. She believes its from
bacteria or antiobiotic use. Has anyone had any thing similar?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ovid Posted - 02/19/2006 : 13:46:03
Thanks drziggles – that’s very helpful, I assumed Dr Sarno was speaking about colonoscopy diagnosed colitis in his Mindbody book. He refers to Colitis on 3 occasions. How do we know for sure that he has not including colonoscopy diagnosed colitis? Has the great man even spoken in other sources on this difference between IBD and IBS?
drziggles Posted - 02/17/2006 : 18:11:35
There is a big difference between Ulcerative Colitis (Inflammatory Bowel Disease) and spastic colitis (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). The former consists of GI bleeding and other bad stuff, like increased risk for colon cancer, and is an autoimmune syndrome. The latter has fluctuating diarrhea and constipation, among other things, and is a TMS equivalent.

Very different stuff! If you are having bleeding, it sounds like the former, and is not TMS related.
Ovid Posted - 02/17/2006 : 15:01:00
I'm not yet convinced that Colitis is TMS, I've had success with RSI (which I had for about 8 years). Colitis does seem to have a stress factor but when your colon keeps bleeding and your suffering cramps the TMS approach has no effect - possibly a negative effect - when the symptoms get worse its easy to loose heart.

I haven't yet heard of any real colitis success stories through TMS, but I'm open to persuasion

Is there any out there?
Tunza Posted - 12/15/2004 : 12:26:19
my mum was diagnosed with colitis as a teenager. she was PAINFULLY shy in her teens and relates it to that. it went away when she was no longer so tense.

kat
Baseball65 Posted - 12/15/2004 : 05:36:01

I just reviewed HBP yesterday and Colitis is definitely listed as one of the conversion symptoms.

peace

Baseball65
Susie Posted - 12/14/2004 : 19:22:57
I have had ibs big time. It is very painful and very frightening and I believe it is nothing but tms.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000