TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Journalling during periods of normalcy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Noraloui Posted - 05/03/2008 : 08:51:15
Hi everyone. I'm new here but have reading posts on and off for past two years. I have many tms symptoms most recently insomnia , skin issues such as rosacea and dermatitis, and allergies. About 5 years ago I had teribble back spasms and when my chiro couldn't help and mri indicated no serious problem, I learned about Dr. Sarno. I've read his books and journalled my way to a pain-free back. In the past two years I have been getting terrible flareups of insomnia and skin problems. Believing this to be tms, I start to journal and read and eventually these abate. I believe I have looked into my inner life pretty thoroughly. I feel that I am aware of my fears and anger. When I am symptom free I don't journal and forget about tms until, a few months later, the symptoms return. Should I expect that this is how it will always be? What do others do when their symptoms seem to lessen and they feel better. Do you journal on a regular basis? Appreciate any help.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Noraloui Posted - 05/04/2008 : 10:37:32
Thanks for the advice. After every bout is over, I want to believe that this is it. I do remember reading Nancy Selfridges book "Freedom from Fibromyalgia" in which she stated that she reached a point in her recovery that when something started to bother her she could talk to her unconscious and tell it to let up and that seemed to work (paraphrasing here). But, I guess this isn't for all of us.
la_kevin Posted - 05/03/2008 : 19:08:34
I would say to always stay on top of it. It's kind of a lifelong thing for 'us'. I've learned the hard way that thinking you're okay now and don't need journaling anymore, will bite you in the butt.

I had to restart journaling myself after slipping into old thinking habbits, and I improved in two days. Always keep TMS in check. It's like a little monster in a cell waiting for you to drop your keys to the lock. Always lurking, always waiting.

He's a SOB for real.

--------------------------
"Over thinking...over analyzing...separates the body from the mind." Maynard from the band TOOL
mizlorinj Posted - 05/03/2008 : 10:05:44
Yes, I journal on a regular basis. There are everyday things that I find annoying, sad, bring fear, etc. I write about them or at least talk about them with a trusted person who knows why I'm going off on a tirade. But I get the feelings out or link them to a past issue to be able to move past them.

Speaking of flare-ups, I got a slight infection when tax deadline was looming and I had not started mine. Did them, mailed, and infection was gone.

Best wishes,

Lori

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000