TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 What am I doing wrong?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
la_kevin Posted - 03/21/2008 : 22:44:47
Edited because of personal info and privacy.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
stanfr Posted - 03/23/2008 : 01:28:33
Hi kevin, i know your frustration, i never know what to think either whenever i have some pain come up. I have an old ankle injury that required surgery, and the scar tissue causes bad pain so i end up limping on it if i do anything to stress my ankle. I probbaly could help it with some serious PT, just too lazy to commit the time and $ for that. I do know that emotions/anxiety can certainly influence a real injury like that, long after the fact--i had surgery over 20 yrs ago. Anyhow, 2 hours daily is a lot of time in the gym, be careful it doesnt become just another form of compulsion. I dont think it would hurt at all if you took a serious break from the routine--if anything just to let your mind know that you're not a slave to routine. And if the pain is from all the recent working out, it should get better with that break. Nothing to lose, i dont think.
la_kevin Posted - 03/22/2008 : 22:09:02
I'm pleased to report that my hamstring settled down today. Talking about it helped, but I also took a couple days off from the gym. It loosened up and I'm back to 'normal'. When these things happen, I never know if it's the rest, or the talking about it, and challenging the pain in my mind as something that couldn't possibly be a real injury.

--------------------------
"Over thinking...over analyzing...separates the body from the mind." Maynard from the band TOOL
stefan Posted - 03/22/2008 : 00:04:26
hi kevin, it sure sounds like tms to me, something coming back for some unexplained reason? hmmm...

i don't know what injury you had 7 yrs ago, you said it doesn't feel like tms, you could always check it out. sarno's last book mentions abner, who after beating tms and being without pain for 3 or 4 yrs all of a sudden had inexplicable pain that did not feel like tms, he then went back to his physician and compared scans of his spine 4 years apart that showed no advancing herniation of his disk, leading him to conclude that it was tms after all, you can do the same just in case something more serious is happening and if not you got a quick answer. instead of second guessing yourself for months on end you can get it checked out and move on once and for all with this serious injury you had 7 years ago.

as to your question about body parts locking up part of tms, yeah it happens to me, my jaw locks up and pops so you can hear it in another room, only happens when i'm in stressful situations, and usually in the mornings, if i don't sleep enough it gets really bad again leading me to the conclusion that it is tms, i just don't function right without sleep, i don't think anyone does, problems seem to be a lot greater without a good night's rest.

i like to work out too, i don't know what regimen you have, i alternate exercises every time, in other words i never like to repeat the same exercises, you know like there's a 100 ways you can do triceps, etc. , and i do triceps every other day,cause you can overdo exercising, your muscle tissue needs rest to recover from the tearing but you probably already know all that

anyway hang in there, tms fact is a way of life

Ars Longa Vita Brevis

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000