TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 TMS Doctors Via Email

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MRosenthal Posted - 12/06/2004 : 12:44:48
Anyone know of any TMS doctors who will respond to email? I don't have one in my area and Sarno won't see me. I would like to have the chance to hear it from a Dr.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Allan Posted - 06/23/2005 : 09:52:30
Mike.

Occasionally I find that her website does not come up, but it is available for 99% of the time in my experience.

Try just going to the home page www.tarpityoga.com first and then click on the link to the directory.

It is also a great website for comments about Dr. Sarno and his suggested treatments.

Allan.
sobrmke Posted - 06/22/2005 : 19:04:31
quote:
Originally posted by Allan

If you were willing to visit Dr. Sarno, why not try his associate:
Ira Rashbaum, MD
Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine
400 East 34th Street
New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6328

I suggest that actually being examined by a TMS doctor and consulting with one in person is most helpful in accepting the TMS philosophy and starting on the road to recovery. There is one in New Jersey which is close to Delaware that you may wish to consider. The complete listing of TMS doctors in the United States is at http://www.tarpityoga.com/directory.html.

That link doesn't work as of 6-22-05 - does anyone know how I can find a TMS practitioner?

Mike Tallmadge
MRosenthal Posted - 12/07/2004 : 13:30:08
Will he respond to someone out of state?
Allan Posted - 12/07/2004 : 12:41:14
If you were willing to visit Dr. Sarno, why not try his associate:
Ira Rashbaum, MD
Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine
400 East 34th Street
New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6328

I suggest that actually being examined by a TMS doctor and consulting with one in person is most helpful in accepting the TMS philosophy and starting on the road to recovery. There is one in New Jersey which is close to Delaware that you may wish to consider. The complete listing of TMS doctors in the United States is at http://www.tarpityoga.com/directory.html.

Michele Posted - 12/07/2004 : 11:06:47
Dr. Sopher gave me a call after emailing me. He did NOT diagnose me, but after listening to my condensed version of what was happening to me, he was very general in his comments to continue studying TMS, I was on the right track.
Dr. Fatteh Posted - 12/07/2004 : 01:49:26
Matt,

Doctors such as Dr. Sopher may reply via email, but remember that health care practitioners can only speak in generalities via phone and email if they have never examined you or reviewed your medical records/test results, etc. It may sound like an attempt to lure you into the office for a fee, but in reality medical ethics dictate that a proper medical consultation, including advice, specific to one's case cannot be given without the above mentioned parameters. You'll notice on Dr. Schechter's website, he has one protocol for being seen in consultation in person, and another protocol for a phone consultation that involves forwarding your medical records to him for review. Just thought you should know.

Parvez Fatteh, M.D.
floridaboy Posted - 12/06/2004 : 14:41:14
Dr Spoher will. I think he is @ http://www.tms-mindbodymedicine.com/

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000