TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 TMS, "Benzo Withdrawal," and an interesting debate

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lmcox Posted - 03/18/2008 : 01:59:43

Someone just sent me this, and I thought it was worth a post: http://benzoblunder.blogspot.com/2008/03/konopin-xanax-for-anxiety.html

The woman that does this blog claims to have been in "benzo withdrawal" for more than three years, and someone has pointed out that ALL of the problems she lists as withdrawal symptoms are TMS equivalents (tinnitus, dizziness, muscle spasms, back pain, gastro symptoms, etc.)

Interestingly, this has led to a rash of defensive comments, not unlike what Sarno describes when people are entrenched in their thinking about back pain being physical and are unable to accept the fact that there's nothing structurally wrong with them.

I know alot of us have had experiences with using benzos to calm our TMS symptoms, then overcome them when we get realize they're all just TMS and deal with them. So...what do you guys think? "Prolonged Benzo Withdrawal" as the next "ulcer/ back pain/ symptom imperative"?! Maybe a topic for the next book. Interesting for sure.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Scottydog Posted - 03/21/2008 : 01:36:37
I took Temazepam occasionally for about 10 years. It was great for sending me to sleep. My brain was a bit foggy the next day but not anything anyone else would notice.

I was also on Zoloft (anti depressant) for a few weeks but, on discovering that I was taking a very low dose, 25mg, gradually stopped it over 2 weeks. No side effects (on stopping it, some whilst taking it) but, to read posts on the internet, coming off it causes everything from hallucinations to tremors.

We are influenced by what we read there and the result is all these side effects - dozens of them, all sorts of things but probably just TMS type symptoms.
Wavy Soul Posted - 03/20/2008 : 22:52:03
I would guess that she had a bit of benzo withdrawal, and then TMS took over.

Years ago, in my endless search for healing from youknowwhat, a stupid acupuncturist told me to take Ativan ( a benzo) every day. He said it was completely safe, and that he had taken benzos for 30 years, and that there were papers showing they were non-addictive. Up to that point I had managed to avoid too many crazy drugs in my TMS search

So I started taking Ativan. It sure helped me sleep. Then I realized one day after months that I was more anxious in the morning after taking it the night before, than I had ever been. I asked around and realized I was addicted and cold-turkeyed immediately.

Jeez - I went through a horrible experience for about 2-3 weeks. Then I was okay, or rather, other aspects of my TMS took over which I didn't attribute to the benzo

Watch out for taking them benzos for too long.

x

Love is the answer, whatever the question

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000