TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Worrying is using your imagination to create...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Monte Posted - 03/02/2008 : 08:23:22
Worrying is using your imagination to create something you don't want. ---Abraham Hicks
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can substitute in for worry: complaining, resentment, anger, Striving, self-consciousness, controlling, jealousy....

Remember it is your thought processess that are doing the repressing which is putting your system into pain!

Going into yourself and pulling OUT the repressed emotion is not going to change anything!....If you keep reverting back to the same old thought processess that are doing the repressing. Do You Get That?

The belief or theory out there, that those of you still in pain is because you have a DEEP seated repressed emotion is bs....It is simply theory for the easy way out of not being able to explain why some people don't get out of pain.

Some people don't get out of pain because they beleive they have a Deep Seated Repressed Emotion that is stuck...and now they spend all of their (attention, energy, therapy, focus) on who/how/what/when/why about tms.

Use your thoughts to create what you do want...You want to be open. You want to be free. You want to express truth. You want to experience freely and openly.

When you begin to do this in your thought processes your system automatically responds with the same. And this is the practice of reversing this disorder.

Monte Hueftle
http://www.runningpain.com
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
austini Posted - 03/20/2008 : 16:24:47
Yep, great thread.

I really enjoy Monte's and Hillbilly's posts - very inspirational and extraordinarily helpful stuff.

In relation to Freud I was only reading the other day the he was a travel phobic and couldn't even attend his own mother's funeral. Sounds like he had anxiety under control - NOT!

Cheers - Gordon
sborthwick Posted - 03/20/2008 : 13:05:36
Hi Monte,

I really think you have something here. I think the answer you are referring to is a sort CBT approach - change your attitude - watch your thoughts and change those - the body symptoms will follow. I know all of these symptoms of back pain/headaches etc are psychosomatic - but I don't buy into this distraction mechanism - that the naughty little inner child is controlling your brain and screaming out. Quite frankly, i think Freud was completely nuts. I have been trying this approach for 4 years now - I am still suffering from anxiety. In fact, I think that Hillbilly hit the nail on the head ....this is all from perfectionsim/worrying and negative thinking - in other words ANXIETY. The physical symptoms are a result of an overload of tension on the system - and the thinking needs to change.

Any thoughts?
Monte Posted - 03/05/2008 : 13:08:06
you pay attention to your thts and when you are in worry you

deliberately change your thought to non worry...this is a choice...you choose where you put your focus...choose to take it out of worry and put your focus on what you want to feel/experience.
swmr1 Posted - 03/02/2008 : 09:33:30
I've started a policy with myself that I'm no longer allowed to anticipate an injury. I'm no longer allowing myself to feel a twinge and then jump to the conclusion that I'm spiraling downward into some kind of chronic thing that's going to interfere with my life. As a result, I've picked up running again (slowly but surely). As I have, I've experienced slight bouts of pain in my knee. But I haven't let them scare me away from running. Instead of babying myself, I've decided to let it turn into an actual injury before I obsess :-) And, know what? I think I'm learning so very much about how fear and anxiety about an injury plays into one's perception of pain. It's amazing.
johnaccardi Posted - 03/02/2008 : 09:20:17
yea, how do you do that?

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000