TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 To armchairlinguist

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Singer_Artist Posted - 08/12/2007 : 19:58:44
Hi Acl,
I read your story about your battles and subsequent success with RSI.. I wanted to write to your email privately, because I said I was leaving the forum.. But, you don't specify any contact information..

I really hope this doesn't turn into another huge thread with controversial discussions.. Please, everybody, respect that I am chosing to write to Acl only.. I don't want to be accused of dominating the forum again.. And I cannot handle another round of tense interactions, if they should occur..

I have on my table "The Divided Mind", MBP, and Dr. Sopher's book..
I am looking deep within to try to uncover the sources of my unconscious rage.. And I did the list that you and NDB suggested..

Alot of my rage became conscious today after I attempted to push through the wrist pain and type.. It seemed like they were getting better until I started typing and doing basic things like opening a jar..

When I looked at my wrists after pushing through the pain, I could physically see the tendon in the center swollen and larger looking than before, I ignored the pain..

My main question to you is when you were in the acute phase of your wrist issues, did you notice this change in the appearance of the tendon as well..?

I promise you I am doing the work and going to call Don Dubin to schedule a phone psychotherapy session tomorrow.. I breaks my heart to look at some of the paintings I created here at the house, and to look at my keyboard.. Not knowing when this will end.. Pushing through the pain did not work.. It just made the symptoms worse..

Hope to hear from you either here or through my email or website..

Take care,
Karen
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Singer_Artist Posted - 08/14/2007 : 10:57:07
Thanx Bethie.. Wish it would take already..I'm sure trying..
h2oskier25 Posted - 08/14/2007 : 10:51:29
Way to snap back that reference, Karen.

Somebody's been reading her Sarno!

Beth
skizzik Posted - 08/13/2007 : 15:57:20
quote:
Originally posted by Singer_Artist

pg. 99, 2nd paragraph..MBP

And there it is . Not the most confident aspect of TMS from his description, but it's there in print. Huh, just when you thought you read everything.
Singer_Artist Posted - 08/13/2007 : 15:04:49
pg. 99, 2nd paragraph..MBP
skizzik Posted - 08/13/2007 : 14:31:53
Where does Sarno mention swelling as part of a TMS symptom? I've read all the literature, interviews, books, cd, just not the video and I've never heard that oxygen debt can lead to or causes swelling.

If he really does imply this than great! But, I haven't come across it.
art Posted - 08/13/2007 : 13:05:52
Beth, you're misunderstanidng me....I said in the majority of cases there are no physical changes...I've had none, I can certainly tell you that...I don't dispute you had some.

If you're telling me that there are usually physical changes, then that's worth discussing because that would be something new for me to learn...

The impeded blood flow that Sarno posits, as I understand it, is very slight. If it were not, it could cause more serious problems as tissue requires adequate blood flow to r=stay healthy...
h2oskier25 Posted - 08/13/2007 : 12:37:09
quote:
Originally posted by art

Anything's possible., but I'd say in the majority of cases there are no observable physical changes with TMS...It seems to me Karen is always noticing ominous seeming changes in the offending appendage du jour...

No, I'm telling you. I have had physical changes, and if you try to tell Karen that her eyes are deceiving her, she'll know better and start to question the physical again. It'll be like "Art says there are no physical changes, and I clearly have physical changes, so it Must not be TMS.

SARNO has stated that physical changes, such as swelling, are brought on by the mind, and I'm here to tell you that is 100% true.

Karen, I assume you are doing better. I'm glad to hear it.

Art, will you please pass the Onion Dip?

Beth
art Posted - 08/13/2007 : 11:44:24
repeat, sorry...
art Posted - 08/13/2007 : 11:42:09
Anything's possible., but I'd say in the majority of cases there are no observable physical changes with TMS...It seems to me Karen is always noticing ominous seeming changes in the offending appendage du jour...

Now back to my champagne...
Singer_Artist Posted - 08/13/2007 : 10:21:18
thanx Art & Beth..
h2oskier25 Posted - 08/13/2007 : 08:43:18
quote:
Originally posted by art

Stop looking at your hands and wrists. The changes you think you see are imagined.

Art, I hate to have to disagree with you after just congratulating you and the rad party, the balloons and all.

I don't think the changes are imagined, as I saw lots of changes on the inner arm part of the wrists when I had this issue.

The brain can swell a tendon any time it wants to just by depriving oxygen to that spot.

The important thing is that the changes you see physically to your wrist don't mean anything. So it's best to quit looking at them. Believe me, I've had a lot of practice at this.

art Posted - 08/13/2007 : 08:30:26
The thing to remember is you're not going to suddenly be magically cured the first time you challenge the pain...Orat least not generally...It can take weeks or even months. It doesn't have to, but it can. But after not too long a time you will be gaining confidence that your hands aren't going to somehow fall off if you use them. It's a process...
Singer_Artist Posted - 08/13/2007 : 07:54:31
Thanks Acl and Art
art Posted - 08/13/2007 : 07:53:49
wooha!!! I feel great about it. I'm already drunk and it's not ten o'clock in the morning...
h2oskier25 Posted - 08/13/2007 : 06:59:24

DING DING DING DING DING

<> <> <> <> <> <> <>

Hey Art. Congratulations on breaking the 1000 post mark!!!

Virtual Balloons !! Virtual Confetti !! Virtual Punch !!

Beth
art Posted - 08/13/2007 : 06:01:10
Hope you don't mind my horning in Karen...Stop looking at your hands and wrists. The changes you think you see are imagined.
armchairlinguist Posted - 08/12/2007 : 23:06:20
Karen, you have made some good progress, but your focus is trying to return to the physical here. I had much different symptoms, but I have told you previously what I think about yours: they are classic RSI-type, I don't think RSI even exists, and if it did, I don't think your activity level could possibly cause it. Keep looking for the real emotions. Pushing through and ignoring symptoms will not necessarily work the first time, so keep at your work.

--
Wherever you go, there you are.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000